Milwaukee tool warranty? anybody have experience with them?

mark20

welp, my m18 fuel hammer drill just took a crap on me, sounds like the gear box is stripped. sent it to millwakue today, they said the average waiting period is 2-3 weeks.

has anyone had any experience with there warranty's?
its about 2 years old and im pretty bummed it broke so early (still worked in 2 gear, just the 1 gear is stripped out bad, you can stop it with your pinky on the max torque setting)
hoping that they fix it well. but there impact works great for me!
will update this thread when i (hopefully) get it back fixed.
but for now the belt drive build is going to be delayed by a LOT

Attachments

mark20

UPDATE:
got the tool back, MAJOR props to Milwaukee for replacing basicly everything on the drill for free! (motor, chuck, gearbox)
also, looks like they upgraded the chuck to there hardened one (its on there new gen 3 drills)
drill works like it should and im a happy camper!

Attachments

mark20

Yay! I love a good American company with values and a word that means something.
Yup, there tools might be made in china but they sure do work well! This is the only warrantee claim that i hadent have to wait on the phone for 5hrs and answer 50 emails to get it warranted (cought cought my dewalt sawsall and my mikita headlamp)

took me all of 5 min and i was good to go!

Greg58

We still have a few good companies that stand behind their products, I sent my wife's grandad's pocket knife to buck knifes to see if they could replace the broken blade, he pasted away in 1996 and the knife was in some of his old tools. About a month later I got it back in the mail and couldn't believe what I was looking at, they replaced the blade polished the metal to like new. Except for a couple of small scratches in the handles it looks new. There was a note inside explaining the year and model and if I could send in $10 it would cover the parts. This was three years ago.

mark20

We still have a few good companies that stand behind their products, I sent my wife's grandad's pocket knife to buck knifes to see if they could replace the broken blade, he pasted away in 1996 and the knife was in some of his old tools. About a month later I got it back in the mail and couldn't believe what I was looking at, they replaced the blade polished the metal to like new. Except for a couple of small scratches in the handles it looks new. There was a note inside explaining the year and model and if I could send in $10 it would cover the parts. This was three years ago.
Yup, i have a buck custom with a limited edition blade on it (its has the hardend steel before there s30v line up EDIT: its called BG-42)
Those things are built to last. Paid a pretty penny for it though

Last edited:

Greg58

I was hesitant to send it in, I was afraid I wouldn't get it back. They probably have a good time restoring old knives. From the looks of it they spent a lot of time on it.

mark20

I was hesitant to send it in, I was afraid I wouldn't get it back. They probably have a good time restoring old knives.
Yea there a good company, sadly more people want cheaper price vs a quality product with great people nowadays.

darwin

Use Milwaukee cordless drills at work and they get abused and used a lot. Sometimes they get so hot from use they'll burn your hand and have to let them cool down. They last a couple years before needing replacement, sometimes just needing spare parts others need the whole tool replaced. Very good brand. You get what you pay for. I have a HF 18v $18 cordless I use 2 or 3 times a year around the condo and after 3 years it's still working fine.