Minarelli Builders Thread

It says the cylinder comes with a reed block adapter if its smolik...
"This kit will include the cylinder, piston, CNC reed block adapter, and hardware.
Reed and intake sold separately. "

Nice for $85

It says the cylinder comes with a reed block adapter if its smolik...
"This kit will include the cylinder, piston, CNC reed block adapter, and hardware.
Reed and intake sold separately. "

Thanks Sir! I was wondering, cause I've looked at them at other sites, but never bought 1.

My question is how come bolt pattern is not centered over intake port of cylinder? Am I missing something? Because the 4bolt pattern on that cylinder definitely looks to be dio bolt pattern. Is there some sort of adapter plate that's got to be used?
I never bought one, but yes an adaptor plate is needed. They say in the description I believe. Been a while since I read it. I was going to try one, but decided to go Minnelli instead. An got the base plate to put the Mini jug on. Just need a jug now. lol

The Athena kit in the link below uses a single ring, no window piston. This set up is different from all the other reed/window configurations I've seen. Why doesn't this piston have a winow?

The Athena kit in the link below uses a single ring, no window piston. This set up is different from all the other reed/window configurations I've seen. Why doesn't this piston have a winow?

Cant you run that cylinder kit without reeds? I'm asking cause I'm not well versed in 2strokes like some of you guys on the forum. Also can you run reeds without a windowed piston? Could that kit just have a trench/valley cut from the intake port to the bottom of the cylinder & use a non windowed piston? Therefore with the trench or valley cut in cylinder from the intake port to bottom of cylinder, act as a windowed piston?

Every kit I have seen has a windowed piston It seems regardless of who made it. There are reeds with the kit. Dont see a use for them with out a windowed piston.

This cylinder definitely uses reeds. The intake port is different from all the other intakes I’ve seen. A few pics…

Attachments

• ED90184A-AE09-4CA8-B7CE-BE8FC33C3988.jpeg
    ED90184A-AE09-4CA8-B7CE-BE8FC33C3988.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 3574ED31-AFFB-4DCA-AA1C-D96E02424D2A.jpeg
    3574ED31-AFFB-4DCA-AA1C-D96E02424D2A.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
  • D4242A24-4C3B-41DF-9E58-BD4439E2EAAD.jpeg
    D4242A24-4C3B-41DF-9E58-BD4439E2EAAD.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 100
Back