Minarelli Builders Thread

My impressions of the RDM heard are very favorable. The squish fits the Athena piston top perfectly as a quick lap
with some fine compound verified. I havent heat gunned it yet as I keep forgetting to grab it on a run, but you can hold
your hand over it after a good run and feel very little heat. Infact you can momentarily touch the outer fins and not get burned. Will try to gun it soon. Money well spent in my book!

The rear on my build was the hardest to figure out, at least for me.🤪
I built my own...lol.

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

Fabricating the piece to hold the disc adapter is the key here. You did an excellent job with all your fabricated parts. Whole bike looks like it came in a turn key kit!
I was offered $2,000.00 bucks for it a few months ago by some guy that followed me and the bike all over town...I promptly refused to sell...lol.

I was offered $2,000.00 bucks for it a few months ago by some guy that followed me and the bike all over town...I promptly refused to sell...lol.
You may be a good ways from a $2,000 cash investment in your bike but… the work you put in had to be time consuming.
So really 2 grand is not an outrageous price for a bike like yours.
It takes time planning, laying out, and fabricating one off parts for these bikes. And everyone who builds one knows there’s a good bit of one off specialty fabs to make things fit.
Sometimes it’s trial and error… making 2 or more parts to hit on the perfect set up.
A job well done D. A lot of folks envy that bike I’m sure.

It takes time planning, laying out, and fabricating one off parts for these bikes. And everyone who builds one knows there’s a good bit of one off specialty fabs to make things fit.
You are so right...lol...I had the entire thing planned out, parts ordered, and parts that needed to be fabricated, before I even assembled the Hyper Beach Cruiser bicycle...I knew exactly how I wanted it as I chose very carefully what would be on it.

A lot of people don’t understand “vision”, the people that do can see the potential in something that others don’t. I restored a Jayco travel trailer in 2020 that most others wouldn’t touch, I removed everything from the inside including the bathroom fixtures and replaced the floor completely. It made a excellent hunting rv.

I’m on my second Minarelli vertical top end. The first.. piston ejected the ring pin at 225 miles. I suspect excessive vibes probably contributed. No telling for sure. It was a cheap Aliexpress Chinese kit.

This new kit is an Athena.. kit 070100. I have put 100 miles on it.
I balanced & trued the crank this go round and it made a significant difference to the good. Vibes are way less.
The engine has a VM20 with 110/32.5 jetting… still very rich through the entire throttle range. Temperature stays between 160-185F.
The pipe is a modified to fit jog pipe..$65.
I did a few hard rips to see what’s up with it.
Whereas my first cast iron kit topped out at 48 mph this Athena kit seems to just be getting primed to go. Now that it’s fairly well broken in the power on top end is unreal for a motorized bicycle.

When it gets to about 42-45 mph the pipe is hitting and it just keeps climbing hard. The problem I’m having is it slips the clutch at about 46..47..48-49 mph. I have the clutch spring tightened all the down, I’m running 10 RDM hard pads, and 5 of the white CG upgrade pads. It’s time for a better clutch if I intend to run it up. It holds well as long as I don’t hold it open above 45 mph.

I have no doubt once the clutch issue is solved this thing will be capable of going way in to the 50mph range easily. I’m not sure I have the cajonnes to hold it pinned. This is on a 38T sprocket. I think the engine can handle a 36T with no problem.

I was looking for a little more power and Cannonball3 sort of put me on this Athena kit. It’s way more than I expected. I doubt I look for more. I can no longer say I’m under powered. The engine is a little monster now. 😁
I’m curious to see how Cannonball3’s kit like this performs when it’s broken in.
I’ve gotten a lot of advice from Cannonball and cherry picked threads throughout this site on performance builds.

Back