Minarelli Builders Thread

Can a slight elavated bump in the intake prevent the vm22 from starting or make it hard to start

Ok, i decided to get a nibbi pe22mm. I had sucess with a 45 pilot an a 125 main. The idle is perfect an was easy to adjust way easier than most carbs i used. It starts easy to. But i get poor acceleration. It does go fast once im up to speed but it takes time. What can fix slow acceleration. Does it need a bigger main jet

42 before taxes on amazon. Nibbi pe22

Attachments

• 20230426_175438.jpg
    20230426_175438.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 91
Ok, i decided to get a nibbi pe22mm. I had sucess with a 45 pilot an a 125 main. The idle is perfect an was easy to adjust way easier than most carbs i used. It starts easy to. But i get poor acceleration. It does go fast once im up to speed but it takes time. What can fix slow acceleration. Does it need a bigger main jet
That's a nice carb! The guy's that want all the grunt down low they can get out of what really is a higher rpm high out put setup (meaning the Minarelli has it's peak much higher with not much down low) tune the intake track length for better low rpm throttle response.
With a 22mm I'd try 5-7 inches added between the carb and reed block, heater/radiator hose works and molded ones can give some nice angles and bends to work with and get a few lengths out of to try.

I know it's a bit old but I can tell u I had the same problem, similar motor exact same carb. I thought air leak also but no. The carb works well but u have to double the size of the pilot and go up like 4 or 5 sizes on the main. Seemed ridiculous at the time but it worked and started straight away.

Back