Minarelli Shifter Bike

Just finished building this bike for my employer.
CDH GT2A gasframe
Ruff cycles forks,bars,and stem
Sturmey Archer xlfd drum brake hubs, 3 speed on rear
Husky double wall rims with 12g spokes with Maxxis Hookworms
Smolik performance budget minarelli with a mikuni vm20 carburetor and yasuni R1max exhaust.
Sickbikeparts.com shift kit.

Should be a fun little ripper.
20220108_145454.jpg
20220108_145516.jpg
20220108_145549.jpg
20220108_145604.jpg

I assume the 3sp is an SA? I have run the 3sp SA fixie hub in a build, its basically indestructable.

Beautiful build!!

Good thought, duh! I should of known that. Thanks @Street Ryderz I appreciate it. Sorry @GreasyChris for hijacking your thread. I appreciate all of your guys help.
No worries at all. On my other builds I use brake pad material for the clutch pads. You can either buy them from rdm or make your own. I make my own. Arrowmotorizedcycles.com also sells a racing clutch pad although I haven't tried them.

I’m actually working on my winter build right now and I’ll be using that same engine and exhaust but without the shift kit but I’m just gonna use a 36tooth sprocket. How well does it perform?

I’m actually working on my winter build right now and I’ll be using that same engine and exhaust but without the shift kit but I’m just gonna use a 36tooth sprocket. How well does it perform?
It's the middle of winter where I am so it will be another few months before this bike gets ridden. I expect mid 50's from this bike. This is my bike it's a Polini sport cylinder with the R1 exhaust and a 42t sprocket. It has wicked acceleration and hits about 54mph.
20211031_134121.jpg

It's the middle of winter where I am so it will be another few months before this bike gets ridden. I expect mid 50's from this bike. This is my bike it's a Polini sport cylinder with the R1 exhaust and a 42t sprocket. It has wicked acceleration and hits about 54mph.View attachment 164219

I see a huge flaw in it. I'm not sure if you can ride it with this flaw, might cause major problems. I can't believe you don't even notice it. Am I the only one that noticed? OMG man, how could you let such a huge mistake pass. You should get it fixed as soon as possible.

It's the middle of winter where I am so it will be another few months before this bike gets ridden. I expect mid 50's from this bike. This is my bike it's a Polini sport cylinder with the R1 exhaust and a 42t sprocket. It has wicked acceleration and hits about 54mph.View attachment 164219
The huge flaw in it, it's not at my house. lol

Back