Minarelli Shifter Bike

Just finished building this bike for my employer.
CDH GT2A gasframe
Ruff cycles forks,bars,and stem
Sturmey Archer xlfd drum brake hubs, 3 speed on rear
Husky double wall rims with 12g spokes with Maxxis Hookworms
Smolik performance budget minarelli with a mikuni vm20 carburetor and yasuni R1max exhaust.
Sickbikeparts.com shift kit.

Should be a fun little ripper.
20220108_145454.jpg
20220108_145516.jpg
20220108_145549.jpg
20220108_145604.jpg

Thanks bro. Ya he's pretty lucky. I'm lucky cause I'll get to ride it first lol.
I got a question I was going to start a thread on, but I'll ask you guys, cause you guys know your stuff. Is that bike running a stock clutch setup, if not when does the guy start worrying about the stock clutch holding. Are the big aftermarket clutches needed, like a RDM or I think DLH might make 1. Is a heavy clutch needed for the minarelli hybrids?

I got a question I was going to start a thread on, but I'll ask you guys, cause you guys know your stuff. Is that bike running a stock clutch setup, if not when does the guy start worrying about the stock clutch holding. Are the big aftermarket clutches needed, like a RDM or I think DLH might make 1. Is a heavy clutch needed for the minarelli hybrids?
After about 4-5 hp stock clutches blow, suck, slip if you goose it.

Ok thanks @Street Ryderz where do you find the sintered pads?
I cut brake pads off of car's brakes and shape them myself, just be sure to use respirator if going this route, I can usually get two sets of pads from one set/pair of brakes. There are people selling alot of different pads but none I've tried work as well as these with high output engines.

I cut brake pads off of car's brakes and shape them myself, just be sure to use respirator if going this route, I can usually get two sets of pads from one set/pair of brakes. There are people selling alot of different pads but none I've tried work as well as these with high output engines.
Ok thanks I figured I was down to making my own, how do you get pad off of the steel backing? Cut off wheel & slice it from the steel backing plate on brake pad.

Back