Mini Tachometer/ Hour Meter, Chinese manufacture, any experiences or comments?

heligonka

Local time
1:56 AM
I have purchased an ebay item Mini Tachometer/ Hour Meter that sends a wire to the spark plug cable to measure the RPM's and also records the accumulated hours of operation, and have not used it yet, have wondered if any others have any experience or comments about this kind of device?

Older thread but i have one of these on my MB and it works well. They are on all types of small equipment we have at my work so we know when to service them.

I like mine, I just wish it had an option to keep the backlight on for riding in the dark. I have to reach over and tap a button for the backlight to come on for a few seconds. I ordered this one specifically because it had a backlight, I ride early mornings and night most of the time and waiting for the moments of streetlight to show me the rpm isn't ideal. but obviously I can hear how the engine is revving anyways, the tach is a nice option for tuning for someone that doesn't spend alot of time on small engines. i'd say for the $25 CAD it was worth it, it's also nice to know the engine run time. I think i'm at 6.3 hrs.

Back