Mini Trailer Motorized Bike Pusher

GEEEEEZ!!!! MotherJemma,That was a HUGE turn-off,so much so that I have to get off this site for today. What if, what if , what if ,,,,,,what if the sky fell.......

*sigh* - to be honest it wasnt meant as a 'turn-off' as you put it, just a constructive critique...

But if you think about it there have been many instances where bad design has caused injuries or worse and the manufacturers of said goods have been sued for it... at the moment this is unlikely considering that the MB concept is at the moment more a back yard tinkerers thing than otherwise...

However, getting brained by a 15lb chunk of steel to the side of the head is not conducive to a happy life - afterlife maybe...

As far as the design goes - damping the joint to the engine carrier would help enormously and would be simple to do... problem mostly solved - and a bike mounted fuel tank would solve the other issue - that of control failure...

If you had read some of my other posts you might understand that I dont say this to be annoying - I say it because I dont want to come to this board and find out that someone who has been my friend has gone to the hardley-davison showroom in the sky because of a design flaw...

lol - and 'MotherJemma' is quite the compliment actually ...

Jemma xx

However, getting brained by a 15lb chunk of steel to the side of the head is not conducive to a happy life - afterlife maybe...

Actually it would probably be a 12 pound chunk of aluminum. :D Just had to Must be pick on Mother Jemma day. :D

Denny

Lets see, 12 lbs of steel or 12 lbs of aluminum, Hmm, which is heavier?
As far as the controls getting away, you could always put a safety slide switch in place that disconnected if the rear end got past 90 degrees.
Oh yeah, make sure your helmet is aluminum proof. Ah, but then again, you just might want to wear aluminum proofed underwear. Just in case you were hit from the back. Ha Ha Ha.
Yeah it's best to be safe (they say)! :confused:

I did the tear down for some of the reasons that Jemma raised. I like that type of feedback because it makes me think in other ways.

I did some harsh testing and so far, I was unable to get it to fish tail. I am a cautious rider and would never tailgate a car.

I will be hooking up a kill switch for the motor too : )

I have double return springs on the cab linkage. The new design has a jack shaft set up that gives 2x the tourqe that I had before....LOL I tried it in a warehouse hallway and it laid a 30 foot line of rubber!

I just got a new camera and will be posting pictures of thr build soon!

Because I live in southern VT, I increased the gear ratio and that has slowed it down to about 20-25MPH and gives me lots of tourqe to get up hills without having to pedal.

Stick with your plan, everyone that ever sailed into uncharted waters has had to listen to the play it safe naysayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it! You should clean up the design and commercialize it. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't worry about the naysayers here.

Back