Mirror Suggestions

FrizzleFried

Local time
7:15 AM
Anyone have any decent mirror suggestions for a beach cruiser? Do you like the bar mount, endcap mount, or helmet mount? What say you experienced guys?!?

Anyone have any decent mirror suggestions for a beach cruiser? Do you like the bar mount, endcap mount, or helmet mount? What say you experienced guys?!?
I use bar mounts.

:)

I think I found what I'm looking for ... for this project anyway. It was suggested on another bike forum back in 2015 (google FTW).

NOTE: They are small. Very small. That said, I think they'll be perfect for the application. I'm not looking to identify the make and model of vehicle behind me, just looking to know there IS a vehicle behind me (of any type). :D

At twelve bucks... pffft...

MIRROR1.jpg

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I'm 50... and yeah, the ole eyesight started going (magically) when I turned 40. :)

EDIT: It's the mind that goes first. Perfect example... I am JUST NOW realizing my home arcade blog logo is setup as my avatar here. Now, I know i I did not set that up so I go check and it's setup as a Gravatar ... what makes that really odd is that I have no idea how in the heck it became available on the Gravatar system?!? Obviously I must have joined/uploaded/whatnot at some point but I have exactly ZERO recollection of the fact. Yeah... it's the mind that goes first. :D

I've tried a couple adjustable mirrors on the handle bar but ended up with an endcap mirror on the left. Doesn't vibrate near as much.

These are out of stock at the moment but they have always come back...lol...They are sold in a pair even though I use only one.

Its is something else I also bought years ago and transferred it to this bike when the frame of the old one broke...This has been in use for almost 6 years now.

It is a solid metal rod mounted mirror, not a tube mount...One thing I did do was throw away the plastic handlebar hold down for it as it vibrates with these bikes...Instead I doubled up some good old fashioned metal plumbers strap and hold it onto the handlebars that way in place of the junky plastic hold down strap the rod is supposed to go through and then nut it on......I have it nutted on both sides of the threading with 10mm nuts and lock washers both side of the threading and just tighten right up, it never comes loose on me and next to zero vibration due to solid metal rod and the way its fastened to bars.

The mirror is also not floating around loose in the compartment but actually molded right into the ABS plastic casing so it is not a problem rattling around either.

Did I mention that the pair of them are cheap as well...I bought them for 11.99 almost 6 years ago, they now go for around 16.00 or 18.00 last I knew.

These closeouts from SBP are nice except the mounting bracket is a bit cheap. My first mount broke and they sent me three more. If you can deal with modifying the screws on the mount, they are big, chrome, sturdy and are pretty decent.

Back