Mirrors - road safety - just curious

Local time
1:02 AM
Have any of you guys install a mirror? Or even those ones on the end of the hand grip. Just curious if you think it’s worth it

Post pics of yours if you can I’d love to see all the different types

Yaw, just got my second mirror in last week. Got blue reflectors on front for added cop shock protection. On these the bracket has got to be on top of the handle bar if you install the bracket on the bottom got nothing but trouble can't see and it has to be installed on the horizontal plane if you install them after the bend in the bar it will hamper vision.

But I'm really happy with mine those Bell mirrors will get you killed the ones with velcrow that slip constantly every time you go to look half to adjust. About a month ago I took a spill on black ice bike and me on the slide keep this in mine when you hit an ice slide there is no way from hitting and giving it full throttle into the wreck making a better horror, well the bike and I slid on the black ice untill my front tire hit the curb I kept sliding into the end of the handle bar that jab me like a blunt spear reach way into my stomach bash my pancrease and spleen lucky at the wrong angle could of jab my heart rip vains out, if it was the Bell mirror on end of grip I know it would of smash my heart out. That night so much pain took 2 hours to move 3 feet to reach for my cell phone to hesitate on calling 911 die there or die here so I took my chance 12 hours of pain went away, but s**t ya I like my mirrors a hell of lot better than the others I tried they run on eBay $30.00 a pair or single $15.00
15468050578971097612433123263465.jpg
1546805133684446315989457846766.jpg

Yaw, just got my second mirror in last week. Got blue reflectors on front for added cop shock protection. On these the bracket has got to be on top of the handle bar if you install the bracket on the bottom got nothing but trouble can't see and it has to be installed on the horizontal plane if you install them after the bend in the bar it will hamper vision.

But I'm really happy with mine those Bell mirrors will get you killed the ones with velcrow that slip constantly every time you go to look half to adjust. About a month ago I took a spill on black ice bike and me on the slide keep this in mine when you hit an ice slide there is no way from hitting and giving it full throttle into the wreck making a better horror, well the bike and I slid on the black ice untill my front tire hit the curb I kept sliding into the end of the handle bar that jab me like a blunt spear reach way into my stomach bash my pancrease and spleen lucky at the wrong angle could of jab my heart rip vains out, if it was the Bell mirror on end of grip I know it would of smash my heart out. That night so much pain took 2 hours to move 3 feet to reach for my cell phone to hesitate on calling 911 die there or die here so I took my chance 12 hours of pain went away, but sh*t ya I like my mirrors a hell of lot better than the others I tried they run on eBay $30.00 a pair or single $15.00
View attachment 85426View attachment 85427
thanks for sharing I'll see if I can find something similar at the local motorcycle/bike wrecking yard

moped mirrors too are an option. my first ones were those Velcro Bell craps and they slipped, but 1 actually busted off after a month when I went to adjust the angle.
I have 12v led motorcycle mirrors with a riser now. bit heavy, but they even survived a spill

Attachments

• 1547040504167-1185450867.jpg
    1547040504167-1185450867.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 95
I like the rise of older 1970's motorcycle mirrors, they usually are 8mm threaded. They are also slightly convex so you have a wider field of view. Finding a clamp that fits 22 mm handlbars is a challenge, I use the seat clamp from old BMX bikes, or antique American bike seats with the small diameter seatpost. May need shimming YMMV.

Back