missing scre on carb

bob123

Local time
3:52 PM
is there supposed to be a screw in the hole beside the primer? If so what is the purpose of the screw?,.....thanx
DSC00001.JPG

Yes a needle screw with a spring on it.It is used to raise or lower the slide in your carb to increase or decrease your curb idle

Not just any screw will work it has somewhat of a rounded end on it. If you need a picture I can take one for you.

This is also causing a vacuum leak does it even idle
no, it does not idle. thank you so much. yOU HELPED ME SO MUCH . Where can I get this idle screw, any motorcycle shop, ?Ebay? Also I posted another thread about gas leaking out of the petcock. There are 2 brass washers on either side of the petcock. It looks like maybe I need new washers, or do you think the petcock is shot?
Is there another fix that you might know? I might have posted it in a wrong category or something. I believe I uploaded a pic. Any help would be appreciated.....thanx.....bob

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCF9142.JPG
    DSCF9142.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF9145.JPG
    DSCF9145.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF9147.JPG
    DSCF9147.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 149
Here are some pictures.
thanx so much. I.m going to get the part on ebay. Would it be too much trouble to send me an ebay link
with that idle screw so I don't get the wrong one. I noticed the picture of the carb looks identical to mine,
so I assume that idle screw would be the same. Or you could just let me know the carb model or idle screw part #, or anything else you could think of, so I don't f*%#*k it up :)......thanx very much 45u

get an m4 screw from virtually anywhere... at least i think its m4?

find a small spring that suits. or make one from a bit of piano/music wire (hobby shop) wound around a nail.

grab a file, grinder, whatever, give the end of screw a small tapered point. it doesnt really need to be rounded off or pointed, but it does help.

good luck finding anyone that sells the idle screw by itself ;) whole carb or DIY are the only options.

NT carb. common as.

oh. final thought. friendly mower shop will have something that will fit kicking around on an old wreck for free

Back