Missing screws and chipped paint questions?

unoahguy

Local time
5:05 PM
Finally using my Whizzer every day as a commuter, but I've noticed a couple screws missing because they weren't tight enough. One is the screw and nut that holds the coil and the other is one of the four that holds the clutch cover. Any way to find replacements?

Also, I have some chipped paint in places and want to get that fixed. What do you recommend for a red Whizzer?

As for the paint, nail polish is a great fix for small boo boo's. As for the nut use a Teflon nut.
nylon_insert_locknut.png

Those kind of nuts are pretty much the standard M6-M10 nuts here in europe, its harder to find non teflon nuts here.

They are hard to hand tighten!

I don't really ride my china girl anymore, i ride my ebike, but you are right, i always carried a kit with myself.

One thing is for certain a breakdown eventually will happen. Here's a pretty cool thing to have if you need to do rear wheel repairs. Of course you'll need 2 of them but you can carry them in your tool kit/box.

u2YDt.jpg

Last edited:
Thats nice I would like something like that, except the cheap ones go bad after 20 uses and the expensive ones are .... expensive

Finally using my Whizzer every day as a commuter, but I've noticed a couple screws missing because they weren't tight enough. One is the screw and nut that holds the coil and the other is one of the four that holds the clutch cover. Any way to find replacements?

Also, I have some chipped paint in places and want to get that fixed. What do you recommend for a red Whizzer?
I'm pretty sure ya can find a new screw for your coli at the hardware store.
The metal tab where the coil mounts should be threaded. You can put a nut on it if ya want. I have never had one fall out
The Coil mounting screw has a hex head with flange and the size is 6mm x 1.0 x 20mm The screw has a hex head because an allen wrench is hard to use in that tight spot and a hex head allows ya to use a 1/4" drive 10mm socket with a universal
DSCF2354.JPG
The belt guard Screw is 6mm x 1.0 x 20mm The flange pan head screw is hard to exactly match. (pan head with flange)
The retaining washer (nut) is one of those washers that allows the screw to spin and not fall out when the belt guard is removed.
DSCF2361.JPGDSCF2368.JPG
The belt guard flange pan head screw I think ya only can find a exact match from Paul.
I looked for a matching set of screws before and I couldn't find an exact match.
I did find New retaining washers at Ace. Because I didn't like the Cheep ones that came with my bike
Pan Head screws with a Flange really ain't that important. But it's nice to have all 4 screws matching. You can go to ace hardware and buy 4 new pan head 6mm screws and new retaining washers.
You also can use A-2 SS allen button head screws too. Or order 4 new belt guard screws and retaining washers from Paul.
The important thing is that all 4 belt guard screws match so it looks nice

Paint - I went to the auto parts store and matched my paint with Honda car touch up paint.
I found a very close match For Whizzer Sapphire Blue. It worked good on small scratches and paint chips

Back