Mitsubishi Enters North American Small Engine Market

Happy Valley

Local time
1:06 PM
The Mits engines have been around for a while I know, I have several :D, but I saw this recent announcement. They have always been a bit hard to find so my guess is up until now they were sourced directly from Japan. Hard to say if the recent problems there will effect this at all.

Mitsubishi Enters North American Small Engine Market
Mar 31, 2011

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has announced that it will enter the North American commercial OEM small engine market with Mitsubishi-branded engines. Mitsubishi Meiki gasoline OEM engines have been sold in North America under private labels for the past 20 years. However, this marks the first time engines will be marketed under the Mitsubishi brand.

The GT Series of single-cylinder 4-cycle engines includes the following models: GT241, GT400, GT600, GT1000, GT1300.

The TLE Series of 2-cycle engines includes the following models: TLE24, TLE27, TLE33, TLE43, TLE48.

Don Kyle, Mitsubishi Meiki's North American business development consultant, is in the process of signing parts and service distributors, in addition to developing new Mitsubishi OEM engine partnerships.

http://www.greenindustrypros.com/in...orth-American-Small-Engine-Market/26$2574#851

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really good news for those of us that check ebay and craigslist DAILY for these hard to find engines!