Mitsubishi TLE43 2-Cycle Engine Low Price -

H

Hive

Thought this might be of interest...

The very nifty Mitsubishi engine (as in, wish I had one) current offer from Viza might be of interest to a few of our members.

Also noticed it was here: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8192 as well.

Will post separate.

www.Vizamotors.com offering Mitsubishi TLE43 Motor for $188. plus shipping from Arizona.

Last edited by a moderator:

K

kenspice

Good price, I bought one sometime back. It came without a gas tank which was ok because I made a 1 gal. tank and bracket for it. I use my R/S 035 for the street and the tle 43 for the mountain trails. I baby my stuff so I don't need the big spokes and extra junk. It takes just a few minutes to switch engines. Works fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OldPete

Good price on a strong, quiet motor. It does run 40 to 1 vs Tanaka's 50 to 1.
They only have 1900 in stock. :D

K

kerf

I seem to recall the manual saying 50 to 1 but David Staton said 40 to 1 and thats all I've ever run.

K

kenspice

I've digested what info I could from all of these posts and am wondering if a 45/1 ratio might be the best? Good lubrication but not enough to gum up the works? Does avg. speed or brand make a difference? How about synthetic? I hear the latest Tanaka purple stuff covers it all but any comments on that? Ken

K

kerf

The people selling them recommend 40/1 and its never "gummed up the works".
Do the break in with mineral based then switch to syn.

H

Hive

Fuel Oil Ratios

FWIW.

Seems I read somewhere, cannot find it now, that the lube is not simply lube, but combines with the fuel to create a coating and the ratio is somewhat important in that regard. The piece might have also suggested there was a difference between synthetic and "natural" lubes, but cannot recall what it said.

I do know after I read it, I went with the Tanaka stuff and was thinking of using Amzoil at some point.

If my old Lawn Boy is any measure, it makes no difference what you use or how it is stored (gas), but then I only run it for about 20 minutes or so mowing grass and picking up leaves. I add a bit of Sea-foam in the carb in spring and it is good for season.

Does that apply to modern 2-cycle engines? Maybe, but I do not wish to chance it with the bike motor, seeing I might be a ways from home when it blows...

If I locate the page, will put it here. Was onthe WWW am sure.

K

kenspice

Loquin's post has two pdf forms on it. One is an owner's manual that for some reason my computer will not download. The other is from the engineers at Mitsubishi Heavy Industries who developed the "Stratified Scavenging System" that allowed the TLE 26cc up to but not including the TLE 43 to be CARB authorized. I believe the 43 was built to the same spec.s and was later CARB authorized but I am not sure about that. The form mentions the TLE 43 and shows a picture of it as one of the test engines. They used 50/1 ratio mix but do not state whether it was mineral or synthetic. I bought mine from Viza but could not get an answer as to where they got their info. Kirf and Pete say 40. The manufacturer and developing engineers say 50. Guess I'll use the latest Tanaka oil at 45/1. The Chinese say this is the year of the rat and the Japanese say I was born in the month of the rat(Feb.). Never argue with a conered old, oil-soaked dirty rat on a motored bicycle. Unless you are a great BIG cat!