Mitsubishi TLE43 2-Cycle Engine Low Price -

Good price, I bought one sometime back. It came without a gas tank which was ok because I made a 1 gal. tank and bracket for it. I use my R/S 035 for the street and the tle 43 for the mountain trails. I baby my stuff so I don't need the big spokes and extra junk. It takes just a few minutes to switch engines. Works fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good price on a strong, quiet motor. It does run 40 to 1 vs Tanaka's 50 to 1.
They only have 1900 in stock. :D

I seem to recall the manual saying 50 to 1 but David Staton said 40 to 1 and thats all I've ever run.

I've digested what info I could from all of these posts and am wondering if a 45/1 ratio might be the best? Good lubrication but not enough to gum up the works? Does avg. speed or brand make a difference? How about synthetic? I hear the latest Tanaka purple stuff covers it all but any comments on that? Ken

The people selling them recommend 40/1 and its never "gummed up the works".
Do the break in with mineral based then switch to syn.

Fuel Oil Ratios

FWIW.

Seems I read somewhere, cannot find it now, that the lube is not simply lube, but combines with the fuel to create a coating and the ratio is somewhat important in that regard. The piece might have also suggested there was a difference between synthetic and "natural" lubes, but cannot recall what it said.

I do know after I read it, I went with the Tanaka stuff and was thinking of using Amzoil at some point.

If my old Lawn Boy is any measure, it makes no difference what you use or how it is stored (gas), but then I only run it for about 20 minutes or so mowing grass and picking up leaves. I add a bit of Sea-foam in the carb in spring and it is good for season.

Does that apply to modern 2-cycle engines? Maybe, but I do not wish to chance it with the bike motor, seeing I might be a ways from home when it blows...

If I locate the page, will put it here. Was onthe WWW am sure.

This thread is just conversation for me.
If I did have a loose $188 one of these 43cc Mit engines might find a home.
That said; back intheday there were synthetic oils offered that could be mixed 100 to1.
Do remember, as oil content is decreased, fuel ratio is increase if ever so slightly.

No one I knew ran 100 to 1 brand oil at that ratio, we all ran it at 50 to 1 in our Suzi and Yamadog dirt bikes.

Back