Fuel Mixture Mixed too much oil. Now bike is not starting.

BikeBoy

Local time
11:38 AM
Howdy all, I don't have any automotive experience(I got the bike kit to learn some). Okay, I gave the bike(49 cc chinagirl) a proper break-in, but then mixed too much oil into the fuel/oil ratio on my third gallon. The bike, if left for a couple hours, will start for about 2-5 seconds then quit. Lots of oil dripping out of the exhaust. So I got new fuel, drained the old fuel and mixed the correct oil/fuel ratio. The bike ran great for two miles then quit. Now It will do the same thing, start for a couple seconds then stop. Did I destroy my engine? Is there a way to fix this? The spark plug is working fine, and I disconnected the kill-switch. Thanks guys!

-BikeBoy

Almost seems like you're suddenly too rich, what kind of carburetor do you have, is it possible that your choke is falling into the way and inadvertently making the motor literally choke to sleep.

If the lever seems a little loose maybe pull the filter and tighten the screw a little bit, it's this or your float isn't exactly correct, and worse case and somewhat unlikely the CDI is one of those that work for a while, then once they warm up they shut off, cools down then works again, rinse & repeat.

Maybe try starting it, and once it's on and starts to stutter keep it alive with throttle and shut the fuel valve off, if it suddenly starts comming back to running fine then float or valve in carb is wonky, I don't know if you know what the engine does when it leans out but it starts to race, if it's doing that right before shutting off then perhaps try starting it and pulling he gas cap off, if it isn't venting right the vapor lock will prevent the carb from getting fuel, and if idling the engine should pick up rpm and then die. If it just chokes out or abruptly stops then look at carb and electrical related problems.

Last edited:
when you drained, did you drain carb bowl and tilt tank to drain both sides?

Did you use the fuel filter between your tank and carb?
Not quite sure by what you mean 'use', I have a fuel filter installed between the petcock and carb. When I drained the bad mix, I made sure the fuel line and filter was empty.

Howdy all, I don't have any automotive experience(I got the bike kit to learn some). Okay, I gave the bike(49 cc chinagirl) a proper break-in, but then mixed too much oil into the fuel/oil ratio on my third gallon. The bike, if left for a couple hours, will start for about 2-5 seconds then quit. Lots of oil dripping out of the exhaust. So I got new fuel, drained the old fuel and mixed the correct oil/fuel ratio. The bike ran great for two miles then quit. Now It will do the same thing, start for a couple seconds then stop. Did I destroy my engine? Is there a way to fix this? The spark plug is working fine, and I disconnected the kill-switch. Thanks guys!

-BikeBoy
Hi u did not destroy your engine change to a NGKB7HS PLUG AND SEE IF THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM THE PLUGS THEY COME WITH R JUNK THEY FAIL EVERY TIME THE NGK PLUG IS A HOTTER PLUG THIS SHOULD SOLVE UR RUNNING ISSUE IF IT STILL CUTS OUT WILL GO FURTHER

Back