Mobil 2T

Based on all this info, I think I'll get some castor blend oil. I have been using Poulan Synthetic from Wal-Mart for a long time with no problems (mostly due to the low cost), and I also have quite a stash of Penzoil for air cooled engines here too. (been using that in the military bike exclusively).

Soooo, when I use up the Penzoil, which is increasingly hard to find in my area, I'll go to some castor blend.

It always worked exceedingly well in the model plane engines.

If you already have a stash of synthetic 2 stroke oil don't waste it. Just blend it with some degummed castor oil in a 80/20 ratio. 20% of castor is all you need it appears.

I am a big castor fan and don't mind having to pull the piston every year to clean any ring deposits. The superior protection it offers is worth this minor inconvenience.

Yep, I learned about castor oil blends from my model airplane/car hobby. I have engines that are 30 years old and still run like new. Everyone got on the synthetic oil kick for glow fuel and I can tell you that while it does burn cleaner, engines are toast after a single lean run. Castor gives you lean run protection that is unsurpassed.

I am also thinking that MMO may be a good additive to put into a fuel containing castor oil and may help reduce deposit build ups too. Overall a win-win situation if you ask me.

Right on right on!

The Penzoil is "dino oil", but no, I will use it all.

I do have a jug of de-gummed castor here, think I'll mix some "blend" up.

I love the way the exhaust smells with castor in it.

Wow, RCJunky
Thanks for all that research about the Zmax. I had it in my wifes car as well. Glad I just changed it.
So does ashed oil do pretty much the same thing as castor since it is a higher flashpoint and leaves carbon buildup? How does ashed oil actually work and why do they suggest using ashless oil. (Just a cleaner burn?)
Doc

I finally found 2T and boy does it run nice :eek: I am doing about 37mph pretty easy I do not have a long enough stretch yet to go faster. Its RED too!?!?

Its very hard to get me to switch away from Mobil as how much good it did for my car :)

Back