Mobil 2T

S

SlicerDicer

Anybody have any experience with it? I use Mobil 1 in my vehicle and it increased my gas mileage by about 2% maybe 3%. I am curious how slippery it would be for the two stroke variant of the oil.

Bwaaa Bwaa :eek:

Haven't seen it locally, but if it's Mobil oil and (I'm guessing) synthetic, I'd say give it a try. 36 or 40/1 of course.

What is the price like?

I bought a bottle of Zmax fuel additive and used a little. It made the whole motor smooth out a little but I am only on my second tank of fuel.
According to the write ups, this stuff actually penetrates the metals.
I think this is the stuff they put in a v-8 and then drained it and ran it for thirty minutes dry without damaging anything.
I personally can't believe that.
The price was right. Got it at a thrift shop.
Doc

Doc, I've seen that infomercial a hundred times late at nite.Let us know how that works out for you.Personaly I love that Marvel mistery oil that stuff is great.Burns realy fast,and pretty clean.

When it comes to 2 stroke oils, believe it or not, synthetics are not superior. The Mobil oil you asked about has a flash point of 190 deg F which is VERY low. Klotz benol blend oils (80% synthetic w/ 20% degummed castor oil) have a flash point of 450 to 500 deg F.

I am now using Klotz product exclusively and let me tell you, the fact it didn't burn up at high temps saved my engine. I was doing some mountain climbing today and my engine got so hot, the head changed color but it kept on chugging and still runs like new. If I had been running any other kind of oil, I'd be doing a rebuild instead of typing this email.

99.9999% of oil or fuel additives are SNAKE OIL. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm is the FTC fine/lawsuit against Zmax for false advertising. Any benefit anyone feels from this additive is probably due to placebo effect or the fact that engine is continually breaking in and getting more powerful with each successful tank of fuel until peak compression is acheived at break in.

Also, hate to ruin the mystery but Marvel Mystery Oil called MMO for those in the "know" is nothing more than repackaged auto transmission fluid. I used it in older diesels to clean/purchase the injectors and occasional use it in rotary engines to unstick stuck apex seals.

Well said, all but the MMO comment....it's a little more than "repackaged auto trans fluid". It's more akimbo to air tool oil. If you have any doubts, just take whiff.

MMmmmm Marvel Mystery Oil!

BTW- I don't use it as a two stroke additive

I wouldn't use it based on its low flash point period! Synthetic 2 strokes oils do not perform as well as non-synthetic 2 stroke oils except for cleaner burn and less deposit build up.

BTW, the reason why you are seeing a 2-3% improvement in Mobil 1 oil products in your vehicle is mainly due to the fact that Mobil 1 oils are at the lower end of the viscosity range for a specific weight. Please go to www.bobistheoilguy.com oil analysis section and see the Mobil 1 virgin oil analysis postings to see how thin Mobil 1 brands really are.

I was wrong about MMO. It is not repackaged ATF even though it looks, smells, and tastes like ATF. I pulled the MSDS. It turns out to have a good reputation in the aviation community to prevent plug fouling due to deposits (100LL aviation fuel fouls plugs due to lead content). It also would probably help limit cylinder carbon deposits too.

Errr.. I was googling around and found that flashpoint of quite a number of Two Stroke oils is 190ish.. Same as mobil 1. I do not know if I buy that on the Synthetic Oil. I do know that the person who advised me to use the oil that I do ran 40k miles on two separate vehicles one dino one synthetic and the synthetic looked like a brand new engine.

So the flashpoint of twostrokes seems to be 190ish and four stroke is much higher? Maybe you misread?

And from everything I understand Synthetics have a much higher flashpoint than Dino. I also understand that Synthetics are a misnomer to a degree too they are derived from Oil just the same as Dino.

rcjunkie said:
I was wrong about MMO. It is not repackaged ATF even though it looks, smells, and tastes like ATF. I pulled the MSDS. It turns out to have a good reputation in the aviation community to prevent plug fouling due to deposits (100LL aviation fuel fouls plugs due to lead content). It also would probably help limit cylinder carbon deposits too.

It's good to admit when you are wrong, makes you more credible.

I know that MMO isn't ATF and I'm not sure what ATF you have that smells like MMO, but I've found MMO to be pleasant smelling whereas ATF smells like cat urine.

And yeah the MSDS sheet says it not the same either.

Back