Modder here!This fourm!This going to help my build alot

The most reliable method of accurately knowing the ideal zone where your engine should be operating with regards to air/fuel ratio is the fitment of a "fast response" Exhaust Gas Temperature gauge and a Cylinder Head Temperature gauge.

A 'fast response' EGT is brilliant for determining the precise moment the spark plug needs to be replaced, as exhaust gas temperature momentarily drops 3 degrees Celsius when the engine suffers a misfire. Sometimes you can't even feel the misfire, yet the EGT shows up any combustion irregularity, giving you a window on what's happening inside the combustion chamber and the condition of the spark plug.

Once you've installed an EGT and a CHT on your bike, you'll never be able to live without it.

OK guys I have some pics for you..
Pics of the intake..My old carby said NH on it and this one was off my friends it says NT so I threw it on.Put a o-Ring in the carb JB Weld on the copper to hold it and got it as level as I could its a lil off..Think it would effect much?Take a look and you guys tell me what you think!?
You can see my mods like dirt bike bars and grips with X 0 Trigger shifters,Tank is sanded waiting to be wrapped.:D
IMAG0060.jpgIMAG0059.jpgIMAG0061.jpgIMAG0065.jpgIMAG0067.jpg

Front & rear disc brakes im having trouble getting the back bleed or "Burped"..
As you can see I need a back fender,Going to try & make one if you have any ideas shoot them my way..Oh and thanks guys for getting me 5 pages of information
Im using a E3 dimond tip spark plug.What do you think?NGK might be better ay?

Well, I checked. Float is working fine. Cuts off fuel as it should. No adjustment, of course, on this carb. But it's working.

Same results: Engine will run for a while while it's cold with the choke bypassed. Then just floods like a Niagara. Using the NT carb to get the engine hot then quickly swapping out gets me a little better result, presumably because I'm getting better combustion with a hot engine and a dry plug. Then, the spark plug looks like it's taken a swim regardless of which main jet I use, and again, at WOT with the smaller jets, it almost works.

Naturally, I'm not ruling out operator error. It's possible I broke something. It's also possible I just got a POS. Can't get the thing to work for love or money.

Speaking of the which, I've already wasted my money. Now, I am wasting no more time. Seriously, I am done with this carb.

Thanks, Jag, for your efforts. If, for scientific purposes, you are still curious, I'll even ship this carb to you at my expense, naturally, and you can check it out. Fixing it is beyond my current skills and admittedly limited patience.

Ill take it..If you just dont want it! :)

Just added my own sound damper,Made of RTV silicon and Felpro gasket maker
I got the silicon right on the edge of the gasket and used plenty on it putting it on and around to keep all that noise in,turned out nice:shifty2:
If your wondering about the Nissan..I love Z cars Iv built 7 every model Love the Z31 the most but this is my new DD so its but ready to Shift_MotorBike
Yes,I know the smudge is there it whips right off lol
IMAG0072.jpgIMAG0071.jpg

Last edited:
something is definitely off. Is the float height set right and is it shutting off gas? (check with bowl off and move the floats up and down to see if fuel flow turns on and off). There's a pictorial on my site showing how to set the float height.

UP in jet size is bigger diameter.

What's your site?

Back