Model 09 OHV Whizzer

M

MotorbikeMike

Hi Gang, I tried to put pics in the gallery, no work! Hmmm I'll try here with a minimal amount of typing.

Mike

I got one but after over 10 tries, I guess I'll do more later

Mike

Attachments

• ohv left side.jpg
    ohv left side.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,193
Hi Mike,

Ok.. so I am officially jealous now - that is an absolutely stunning machine although i am slightly confused - what is the brass tank like thing behind the seat post?

And where did you get those forks? Im planning to fit a pair of ridelow open springer forks to mine - as well as the U-Stand if it will fit (deraillier)

well done :)

Jemma xx

09 Parts

Hi guys, and thanks for the compliments! Jemma, I designed and built a prototype springer of that type, and then have my frame manufacturer build them to my specs, the new one is even SOOOO much nicer.

The brass tank holds my wiring components, unlike the litte buzzing 2-strokes, I have a voltage regulator, rectifier, cdi and coil, and a full loom to wire lights, horn, battery, anything I want.

My new production bikes (pics to come) have the full-frame toolbox behind the seat tube which will hold the electrics, and wiring looms, maybe tools even?

We will see, I've not finished the 09, and need to assemble the 10 today, to get ideas as to how it will work.

Mike

Hi guys, and thanks for the compliments! Jemma, I designed and built a prototype springer of that type, and then have my frame manufacturer build them to my specs, the new one is even SOOOO much nicer.

The brass tank holds my wiring components, unlike the litte buzzing 2-strokes, I have a voltage regulator, rectifier, cdi and coil, and a full loom to wire lights, horn, battery, anything I want.

My new production bikes (pics to come) have the full-frame toolbox behind the seat tube which will hold the electrics, and wiring looms, maybe tools even?

We will see, I've not finished the 09, and need to assemble the 10 today, to get ideas as to how it will work.

Mike

Hi,

If I had the talent I would fabricate and fit a combined fuel tank and tool/luggage box inside the main part of the frame. I'd love it to be lockable too with maybe a section for the lights/computer and such which are removable. Another thing that made me think was the old style two compartment tanks... a petrol and an oil tank which mixed at the right ratio would be wonderful.. I did wonder about that brass tank since it seemed to have a bolt running through it and be openable.

I know I am going to hate the answer (as I know I cannot afford it) but how much are you charging for these machines when they are productionised?

Jemma xx

New pics in gallery

I dunno, I think maybe I should shift here and not use the Gallery, what do you-all think?

Mike

Model 09 Update/ board track bike pics

Hi well the Whiz-in was a blast, and no I have not written about it, more later on that in a new thread. I can tell you that we rode somewhere between 60-70 miles I'm told. I rode 25-45 mph, accellerating uphill! the OHV ran flawlessly, and had more power than i had expected! I'm posting 2 pics here of my 09, and then I have had a request for Board track bike pics from another topic area here. I decided to bump this thread, instead of starting a new one, as my bike fits the theme fairly well (i think???). I will try to find pics of some of the finest BTR's that i've seen.

Mike

Attachments

• 8-VALVE-Left Sm.jpg
    8-VALVE-Left Sm.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 741
  • 8-VALVE-RIGHT SM.jpg
    8-VALVE-RIGHT SM.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 792
  • 09W-ILT.JPG
    09W-ILT.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 780
  • 09W-IRT.JPG
    09W-IRT.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 752
Model 09 heading to the "Finish" Line!

Hi all, before I took off on the pilgrimage that would both bring the Model 10's home, and injure my ankle worse than I can ever remember, I made some exciting deals in order to FINALLY get one of my bikes to completion!

A powder coating shop around the corner from me has been doing antique motorcycles, and the Mgr. asked me if I would bring the 09 on Monday, when the owner would be there to help him estimate it from me.

A loading accident that I had has bent the front wheel some, and they even noticed that! They were really looking her over. After much discussion, and starting the bike about 4 times for the people who came around, we started to talk turkey.

Eventually, Klay told me, I'd like to do one first, and then give you a quoate. I told him, I don't know about that, as this one is mine, and I would really need to keep in budget, as I'm not a rich dreamer, just a dreamer!

He told me that he would be willing to do my 09 FREE and then bid for the rest of the work! WOW! I'm finally looking at getting a nice finished bike, and his gift to me is to put on the color free!

I'm estatic! I ask him if he wants me to degrease her, and clean up the rust, and get her as ready as possible, and he says, NOPE, I want a worst case scenario, bring her in just disassembled!

I have accquired some White Tires, stainless steel spokes, new alloy rims (to powder), and we will do the sheave (not the clips), rims, and all the components, except the brass, in Indian Red, and I'll do the lettering in Gold.

She will resemble the Indian 8-Valve that I have in this post.

Mike

Back