Brakes modified rag joint with disc brake

dirbob

Local time
4:57 AM
an ongoing project. here are picts of modified rag joint with disc brake (not completed yet). got tired of panic stops with calipur brakes, so am trying to add disc brake and also leaving calipur brake with it. don't know if both will work together or not. bob

Attachments

• fileshoot 4 028a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 028a.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 370
  • fileshoot 4 029a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 029a.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 383
  • fileshoot 4 030a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 030a.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 332
  • fileshoot 4 031a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 031a.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 346
Great idea.
Did you make the spacer between the sprocked and disc rotor?

Hi wheelbender yes i made the spacer between disc and gear and also the piece that goes around hub that everything bolts to. i figured that was the only way to get it to run true. am running brake off of axle so it should align up even if you adjust the wheel. still have to make something so calipur is free floating. bob

Simon: the hub is 2 piece. machined the hub one piece then cut it to fit around axle. made the clamp out of a piece of thick wall pipe (cause that is what i had). if i was to do it over would put the clamp in the hub itself. Good luck on making yours. bob

Thanks that explains it for me , makes all the difference meeting people that are happy to give advice .
gotta get back to fitting that Huasheng machine to my bike .
Regards , Simon.

Last edited:
Simon: talking about Huasang, here is picts of my next project. bob

Attachments

• fileshoot 4 043a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 043a.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 274
  • fileshoot 4 044a.JPG
    fileshoot 4 044a.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 284
Very interesting , just logged on and saw this , looks like a good primary drive , I just fitted a Grubby 4G , still fitting it all up , so ...this looks like a desirable item .
Simon.

Back