Exhaust Modify exaust pipe...

• Thread starter Keepthedrivetommy
  • Start date
K

Keepthedrivetommy

hey again all,
I am trying to pull the exaust pipe apart so I can drill some holes in the inner tube thing, DAX says that it gives you more HP. Problem is that I cant get the pipe apart, its so mashed together. Is there any special tool or way I can use to pull it apart without breaking the exaust, or bending it too much. thanks again to everyone
tommy

what I have done is to remove the screw and ride it a bit, the backpressure and oil will loosen it and push it out enough to remove
it took a while for mine to push itself out

just tried that and i rode it for 30 minutes and nothing was happening. How long of a ride are we talking here?

exaust

I just got vice grips and grabed that little nipple with it then taped the vice grips with a hammer. That rideing it with no nut sounds kind of dangerous. I cut a little hole in my exaust. I used a hack saw though. I cut it enough to make a hole. It was maybe a little louder and maybe a little more power. I have to kind of keep the bike on the DL though because I am the president of my neighborhood.

hey, even the president hsa to have a little fun...Bill Clinton?

You guys do know that if you lose too much back pressure on a 2- stroke, you will gain RPM but lose horsepower. I'm not saying you are doing that but keep it in mind.

Back