Mongoose Beast Front Disk Brake MOTO-GOOSY

IMG_20131120_094808_811.jpgJust finished the first prototype Front Disk Brake mount for our Mongoose Beast. Whew, lots of problems but it's looking good. Will post some pictures and test report soon. Made a hub adapter to accept brake disk that locates off the hub, then the caliper adapter clamps around the fork tube.

Last edited:
DSCF3403.jpg
Here's some updated pix. Notice the Supertrapp disc muffler!

The new chain tugs make adjusting the chains a breeze.

Oh hey, anybody interested in sprocket calculations, check out my Skydrive Spreadsheet in both Open Office and Microsoft EXCEL formats.

Download it and play with different ratios.http://1drv.ms/1BXO9H8
DSCF3401.jpg
DSCF3404.jpg
DSCF3406.jpg
DSCF3416.jpg

Fat bikes are the way to go with respect to a motorised application, due to their inherent comfort factor.

I am most impressed with your engine mount system.

Riding Comfort

Fat bikes are the way to go with respect to a motorised application, due to their inherent comfort factor.

I am most impressed with your engine mount system.

Haven't had much opportunity to ride it yet, weather's not so good here. The short test drives seem very comfortable with the high flotation tires, but really haven't had enough experience on the trail to render an opinion. My initial complaint is the tire diameter at this wheelbase minimizes space for my big feet to the front tire LOL!

I am so in need of your assistance! I just bought a motor for my beast and after a very fusterating day I realized the rear tire is way too wide to mount it correctly I've seen all the crap ways to mount it off center but I don't want to do that. Please tell me how u did this install? Are they custom parts Or off the shelf? If custom how much will it cost for you to make these parts for me.

Mongoose Beast Moto-Goosey China Girl Conversion

I am so in need of your assistance! I just bought a motor for my beast and after a very fusterating day I realized the rear tire is way too wide to mount it correctly I've seen all the crap ways to mount it off center but I don't want to do that. Please tell me how u did this install? Are they custom parts Or off the shelf? If custom how much will it cost for you to make these parts for me.

Been working on the Moto-Goosey off and on for about two years. Tried many configurations and I believe I've found the correct setup. I'm an old fart machinist and I found this challenge intriguing. Our main products are Automotive (see www.massivespeedsystem.com). My original conversion is a Schwinn Cruiser. I quickly arrived at the conclusion that vibration dampening was an important aspect of the conversion and cobbled up several iterations of an effective system which I expanded on in the Moto-Goosey design. At this point in time I need to get some miles on the setup to assure the design is 100% sound. My original intent was to make these available to the public, however it's a difficult installation and although I tried to avoid it, involves some minor welding.

I'm not sure I can offer a kit at an attractive price. After all, the Beast is available for less than $200 now. The parts involved are somewhat complex and to manufacture them in a small lot would be fairly expensive. If I could get say ten people willing to put up some cash, I might be inclined to produce it. A wild guess might be in the $250-500 area. What you don't see in the pictures is the rear wheel modifications. I was against using a Manic Mechanic style two piece clamp. I created a three piece clamp with splines to engage the heads of the spokes for positive drive. There's quite a few parts involved to make the whole thing work. Exhaust manifold, Intake manifold, carburetor / gas tank mount and lots of odds and ends.

There's no easy way to install a front brake on the Beast and without it, I'm not sure I'd be willing let the public install an engine using my design. Are you interested in a front disk brake conversion for your Beast? Probably another $100-150.

It's a great looking mod and definitely a head turner, but to make a soundly engineered and reliable setup is somewhat expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I really need to find a way to get some kind of brakes on my mongoose beast fat tire bike! Anyone know any way I can add brakes that will actually fit and work? V-brakes , disc brakes , I dont care !

Back