Mongoose bikes

machanic

Local time
9:42 AM
Anyone familiar with the Mongoose brand, are they any good, bad, avoid at all cost, fold up like a cheep lawn chair? Opportunity to buy and I have no experience with the brand. Thanks for any help.

I think mongoose still has their quality based bikes built in another country but no longer distributed to the USA.

You can find the Mongoose Tyax hardtail if you search around.

The Mongoose sold at Walmart and select department stores are unfortunately china made with somewhat lower quality control standards but are considered one of the better of the brands when buying from a department store.

You can still find older good used mongoose frames on eBay if you search around.

Well sense no one said avoid at all cost I bit the bullet and bought a (new) one on E-Bay Mongoose Brutus 27.5" semi fat tire on sale $149.99 delivered, even on craigslist I couldn't find a fat tire or under $200.
Thanks for the input I'll post pics when it gets here.

So!!!I might have to hammer the engine in?
Well on occasion, yes, you'll find yourself pounding it with your fist to press it past the bike frame, nearly impossible to get a jackshaft in with the head on, has to be taken off or the fist pounding method will work occasionally. Yes I'm serious about that.

I've worked on Harleys, I'm quite adept with hammers and two wheel vehicles,LOL. The bike is the Hondo model looks like the frame is a little more spacious.

Back