Mongoose Dolomite

Has anyone tried or knows if a engine kit would fit on it?
You bet your ass it does, enough room for a jackshaft too, no frame modification!
IMAG0311.jpg

That bike has a jackshaft, presumably the Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit.
It has three chains arranged in a Z shape. The engine chain goes to the jackshaft, a chain joins the right hand side of the jackshaft to a freewheel on the pedal crank, and the pedal chain carries the power on the right hand side to the wheel.
This allows you to start the bike using the pedals, and also allows you to freewheel down hills etc. Also allows you to have gears if your bike has gears.

The traditional single speed setup wouldn't go past the 4" tyre, and even if you offset the whole engine to the left you would have to do the same with the sprocket, and that would leave no room for the disc brake.

The traditional single speed setup wouldn't go past the 4" tyre, and even if you offset the whole engine to the left you would have to do the same with the sprocket, and that would leave no room for the disc brake.
Well, mine didn't have a a disc brake, it had a nice set of V-brakes.
Correct, and man does using the bikes gears help spin those fat tires!

2_SunFat66cc7sR-1280.jpg

My build topic covering some of the hurtles is here.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=727

SBP jackshaft and expansion chamber exhaust.
With those balloon tires it was fun to ride.

Last edited:
Go figure, wrong example, but I've done a Dolomite, just gotta find it ;-}

Go figure, wrong example, but I've done a Dolomite, just gotta find it ;-}
Didn't you do an electric one too? I think you did..

These dolomites are actually quite sturdy, and those fat tires make up for the lack of a suspension, while I have front suspension on my bike with 3 inch (really like 2.5 honestly) the dolomite rides a bit smoother and the lower seating makes the balance of the bike feel pretty good, I don't feel like I'm tight-roping on my steering at all and it feels particularly nimble actually in harder turns because of all the grip. Handles snow like there isn't any snow..

I went electric shifter with my Mongoose Fat Tire build.

2_MongooseFatFL-1280.jpg

MongooseFatL.jpg

With ~1KW of power that sucker rocked for it's size and needed those dual disc brakes to stop it !

Didn't you do an electric one too? I think you did..

These dolomites are actually quite sturdy, and those fat tires make up for the lack of a suspension, while I have front suspension on my bike with 3 inch (really like 2.5 honestly) the dolomite rides a bit smoother and the lower seating makes the balance of the bike feel pretty good, I don't feel like I'm tight-roping on my steering at all and it feels particularly nimble actually in harder turns because of all the grip. Handles snow like there isn't any snow..
Did I forget to mention you can get it on amazon for $239 with FREE SHIPPING!!

I went electric shifter with my Mongoose Fat Tire build.

2_MongooseFatFL-1280.jpg

MongooseFatL.jpg

With ~1KW of power that sucker rocked for it's size and needed those dual disc brakes to stop it !
Lol and it's a 45 pound bike to start with, put an engine in that and top it off with a rider and you definitely need disks, great thing too that it is really difficult to lock the wheels up with emergency stops, this bike is probably the one I felt safest riding on.

Back