Mongoose Mack Mag Wheel bike- Anyone built on this Walmart Frame?

Risk Man

Local time
7:11 AM
Just saw one of these on Craigslist for $85. I found them on Walmart.com for $198. Has anyone tried to build on one of these frames? This looks like a pretty cheap alternative to a "Motor ready bike" from the regular vendors. The wheels alone are worth $150?

bd9acac1-dc71-49f6-bae7-fa83fa8299bf_1.04de7238b3281263492dd6cfc4ed38b2.jpeg

Theres an issue with using bike mags in that the hub width is too wide as it is set up for disc brake spacing. I am in a build where I am facing this problem. Width needs to be reduced to get the chain line established, then spacers added to get the brake realigned.

Theres an issue with using bike mags in that the hub width is too wide as it is set up for disc brake spacing. I am in a build where I am facing this problem. Width needs to be reduced to get the chain line established, then spacers added to get the brake realigned.
Thank... makes sense.

Just saw one of these on Craigslist for $85. I found them on Walmart.com for $198. Has anyone tried to build on one of these frames? This looks like a pretty cheap alternative to a "Motor ready bike" from the regular vendors. The wheels alone are worth $150?

bd9acac1-dc71-49f6-bae7-fa83fa8299bf_1.04de7238b3281263492dd6cfc4ed38b2.jpeg
That bike is screaming shift kit. Solve all your alignment issues.

How are you working around it? Any pictures you can share?

Havent negotiated it yet. Waiting on parts to assemble a roller. Once thats done, will add engine and establish the chain line. Then will figure out how to cut the hub. Hope to use the cut part as the basis of the spacer for the disc.

Understood. Trying to keep the cost down a leave the option for street legal (Florida- no shifting).

Thanks
Florida law is like many other states. The law doesn't say no shifting engine driven gears. What it says is must have an automatic transmission system. So then build a bike that shifts gears automatically. I did this with a LandRider bicycle. You could get an EZM Q-matic or use a Kilduff shifter. Shimano has some IGH auto shifting systems as well.

Back