Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

Wonder if performance will be affected ?

The tune is gone from the exhaust pipe now , had to cut it to make it fit , plan on welding a cover and pipe like original but slanting down , right now it is pointing right at the shift cable , total length of the pipe will be about 3 inches shorter ----

Sick bike tells you that you need a 8 inch shaft instead of a 6 inch shaft for the jack kit to work , cut two inches of the 8 inch shaft after it was all hooked up , and that was using the left side chain adjuster which takes up even more shaft
I can't tell if there is a lock collar or the gear on the right side? Trim a little flat spot on the shaft for the set screw to sit, that way the shaft won't get a big bur and make it hard to take apart in the future. A little locktite won't hurt either.

What is the width of that pipe at the fattest part?

Grinded flat spots for all the set screws of the sprockets and collars

about 3 1/2 inches at the widest point of the pipe

This is what I cut off the pipe to make it fit , have a washer and a piece of carb intake tube to angle it down , I was going to MIG weld it myself , but going to take it to my buddy and have hm TIG weld it ---- wonder if the performance will change

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ec9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ec9.jpeg
    288.3 KB · Views: 138
  • W4kYtJNRSRCympJEandVBA.jpg
    W4kYtJNRSRCympJEandVBA.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 136
  • fullsizeoutput_ec8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ec8.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 142
This is what I cut off the pipe to make it fit , have a washer and a piece of carb intake tube to angle it down , I was going to MIG weld it myself , but going to take it to my buddy and have hm TIG weld it ---- wonder if the performance will change
Now if you add another two cones to the center and increase the center size to 100mm, cut a wedge out of the tail section to close the stinger around and make the baffle cone a little steeper, you'll probably end up with a half decent pipe.

Now if you add another two cones to the center and increase the center size to 100mm, cut a wedge out of the tail section to close the stinger around and make the baffle cone a little steeper, you'll probably end up with a half decent pipe.
All that to have a 1/2 way decent pipe , LOL

I actually been looking at some of those mufflers that look like dirt bike exhaust go way down , u back up and down the side the bike , performance or not , they look cool , can't find the pic right now ------ BUT I want to get the bike running and tweaked out with the jack shaft before spending any more money on it

I feel good about the gearing , got the correct sprockets all the way around , remember I was having a clearance problem and was going to drop a few teeth on the jack shaft

Disappointed in my buddy , he welded up the muffler , even delivered to my house yesterday , but didn't listen to my request to weld the tail pipe right up against the muffler , so now it is too close to the rear shifter cable and is going to melt it , so tomorrow I am going to cut the tail pipe off , refit another pipe and weld it back up

Attachments

• AKJ1ITysTFOclUgXsQjWMA.jpg
    AKJ1ITysTFOclUgXsQjWMA.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 130
Cut the weld and gained about an inch more heat clearance , think is is going to be ok now

Attachments

• sGlt6zPVS9GWckcxQ2cPtw.jpg
    sGlt6zPVS9GWckcxQ2cPtw.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 130
I gave the pipe to be welded to my buddy yesterday and he said pick it up tomorrow evening , but in the mean time :::

I went to the flea market today and the guy had a gas powered bike for sale and it had this muffler on it , I got him to take it off and sell it to me for $20 as he had other mufflers to stick on that bike , fits good except the petcock hits the pipe , really like the pipe , going to try and make it work

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ed8.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ed8.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 116
  • NQhOrkdnRcyZIa94fiREag.jpg
    NQhOrkdnRcyZIa94fiREag.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 131
  • kz8wBvySSB61iCf02GAx3A.jpg
    kz8wBvySSB61iCf02GAx3A.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 124
Back