Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

@Karl Snarl ----- I have had the electrical components completely apart quite a few times now and changed every part except the rotor / magnet , I got a magnet coming , going on 4 weeks now , mail has been shut down cause hurricane Ida , we never got any mail for two weeks , I hope that magnet fixes the spark problem , but I don't have a lot of faith in that being the problem , but have read it can be

Still looking into what is the best CDI / coil /magneto/ magnet set up out there so if this magnet don't work I know where I am going next

@Karl Snarl ----- I have had the electrical components completely apart quite a few times now and changed every part except the rotor / magnet , I got a magnet coming , going on 4 weeks now , mail has been shut down cause hurricane Ida , we never got any mail for two weeks , I hope that magnet fixes the spark problem , but I don't have a lot of faith in that being the problem , but have read it can be

Still looking into what is the best CDI / coil /magneto/ magnet set up out there so if this magnet don't work I know where I am going next
If you're wanting max rpm, so far a stock cdi is the best I have found without looking at dirt bikes. If you look backnat 70s and 80s , 50cc to 80cc 2t bikes, some of them will swap right over and just add a coil. Which ones, all i remember is the peewees worked from the 2ts. Been a few years since I messed with them though, kits make it to easy. Lol. Is your engine grounded to the bike frame? Sometimes that helps.

Sucks to hear about the Hurricane. Hang in there bro.

Yes , I have a good ground , tested it with the meter at the magneto , crankcase , block and frame

I have never check it like that ---- Right at the moment I have the magneto out , so I can't check it at the moment , was hoping I would have got the new magneto and magnet today

I have never check it like that ---- Right at the moment I have the magneto out , so I can't check it at the moment , was hoping I would have got the new magneto and magnet today
If you hook up your multimeter to the magneto coil ( when you got it back in, don't matter which way, but try to stick to the right polarity, or it will just read a negative voltage if digital and nothing if analog) and then go do some pedaling (pull the plug out and with the wire, tape it to the top of the engine. so it doesn't make you fight the engine. ). You should be getting around 250v on a stock one, and over 300v on a super coil. Becareful, the zap they put out hurts, don't ask me how I know this. lol

If you hook up your multimeter to the magneto coil ( when you got it back in, don't matter which way, but try to stick to the right polarity, or it will just read a negative voltage if digital and nothing if analog) and then go do some pedaling (pull the plug out and with the wire, tape it to the top of the engine. so it doesn't make you fight the engine. ). You should be getting around 250v on a stock one, and over 300v on a super coil. Becareful, the zap they put out hurts, don't ask me how I know this. lol
Someone else has a "friend" test for this lol.

New magnet came yesterday , put the new magnet and used the two wire magneto , put it all back on the bike and used the meter to do the voltage test you mentioned , got was high as 330volts with the pull start ---- but still don't see any spark at the plug, tried 3 Cat Nip CDIs and coils , and two different Bike Berry cdi s , tried 3 different new spark plugs

New magnet came yesterday , put the new magnet and used the two wire magneto , put it all back on the bike and used the meter to do the voltage test you mentioned , got was high as 330volts with the pull start ---- but still don't see any spark at the plug, tried 3 Cat Nip CDIs and coils , and two different Bike Berry cdi s , tried 3 different new spark plugs
Check your plugs resistance, and compare it to the manufactures guide lines on what it should be. It's like a once in a lifetime chance to get three cdi's in a row that are bad. I've been doing this for years, and never got that. I''ve had one bad one out of the box ( stock cdi), and the rest, they went before I switched to after market cdi's while on the bike. Since switching to catnip, I never had one fail yet. I hate to say it( i hate bbr lol), the catnip, cloned from the thunder, and the bbr stage cdi's, cloned from the thunder cdi, all still work. Is your boot making contact with the spark plug tip? you have taken off the nipple on the plug, right?

Back