Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

That sound like a good idea , I'll have to see if I can mount two sprockets on the same side and make it all line up ---would guess it would be double 17 tooth in that case
Make sure you have a bit of shaft sticking out on the right side for a locking collar.

Make sure you have a bit of shaft sticking out on the right side for a locking collar.
No problem there , have the 8 inch shaft in there now and have the collars , good thing I never had cut that extended shaft yet ,

I got the Malus not the Dolomite , they do look similar , your model looks like you got more room than mine ----- I cut the adaptor mount and used 1/2 of it , had to use allen pan head bolts as the hex head bolts was hitting the fame and I couldn't even get motor in , you can see how much I scratched it up cramming it in , I have to force it in

I finally got the sprocket back from the machine shop getting cut thinner , it was thicker than the chain and the front engine sprocket , think it was for 415H chain not 415 , went from 17 tooth to 14 tooth , never did find a 16 or 15 , can't wait to see how bad it messed up performance
I'm seeing now that I will have the same issue. These are some screws I found. From your experience, do you think these will work? Also, were you able to use washers and lock washers with your screws?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Button head screws are like pan head screws but use an allen wrench instead of a screwdriver.
Also the crown on the button head screw can be slightly higher than a pan head screw.
But there is also 2 types of flat pan head screws with no crown that uses an allen wrench or a screwdriver
If ya want a flush mount screw use a Counter Sink head screw. But ya gotta countersink the hole for the screw.

Many screws to choose from in the hardware world
But those Button head screws should be just fine.
I recommend getting the nylon locknuts for them

Last edited:
Here is a pic , notice they are high grade black steel bolts , I wouldn't use those stainless steel bolts you linked , stainless is not as strong and can gaul the thread easy , I had to cut the bolts to length and didn't use a flat or lock washer , if it loosen up I'll Locktite it
1623544478677.png

The black screws are Metric Grade 10.9 = USA Grade 8

The Button head screws yuckfooooo showed were Metric Grade 8.8 A-2 stainless steel = USA grade 5

Yes the black screws are stronger
But ya see that U bolt it's probably only Metric Grade 5.8 = USA Grade 2

The black screws are Metric Grade 10.9 = USA Grade 8

The Button head screws yuckfooooo showed were Metric Grade 8.8 A-2 stainless steel = USA grade 5

Yes the black screws are stronger
But ya see that U bolt it's probably only Metric Grade 5.8 = USA Grade 2
Hence the whole reason why i made my own front engine mount out of that 7075 T6 military grade aviation aluminum...lol...It "aint goin anywhere"...lol...over thought and over engineered...lol...And yes, the bolts going from the mount into the motor are grade 8...lol...The bolts and hardware holding the mount itself together are cadmium used on F-16s and military drones...lol...They haven't budged one iota in over a year and 900 miles later...lol...DAMIEN

IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg
IMG_0322.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Hence the whole reason why i made my own front engine mount out of that 7075 T6 military grade aviation aluminum...lol...It "aint goin anywhere"...lol...over thought and over engineered...lol...And yes, the bolts going from the mount into the motor are grade 8...lol...The bolts and hardware holding the mount itself together are cadmium used on F-16s and military drones...lol...They haven't budged one iota in over a year and 900 miles later...lol...DAMIEN

View attachment 105721View attachment 105722View attachment 105723
View attachment 105720
That is really sweet looking. My situation is that I literally have about 20 times less room than you do. 😅 I have less than 3mm of room to slip in a plate. Have you looked into manufacturing or selling this design for production?

That is really sweet looking. My situation is that I literally have about 20 times less room than you do. 😅 I have less than 3mm of room to slip in a plate. Have you looked into manufacturing or selling this design for production?
For the guys that doesn't have a machine shop available to them, a muffler clamp and a piece of plate steel works fine.

Have you looked into manufacturing or selling this design for production?
It would be too expensive to be practical for most people to even think of buying...This was all made by hand with hand tools and hand held power tools, with the exception of throwing it into a bead blaster for the final finish...DAMIEN

Back