Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

they sell them motor mounts , I bought one for my E-Zip conversion , wouldn't fit , so I used it to mount the CDi

they sell them motor mounts , I bought one for my E-Zip conversion , wouldn't fit , so I used it to mount the CDi
Yeah...They sell front motor mounts somewhat similar to mine that attach with over/under attachment nuts and bolts...Notice mine attaches from side to side...There is a method to my madness...lol...Notice also that the hex of my bolts are "shouldered" against the mount itself so they cannot move...They are locked into place so they cannot vibrate loose...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Yeah...They sell front motor mounts somewhat similar to mine that attach with over/under attachment nuts and bolts...Notice mine attaches from side to side...There is a method to my madness...lol...Notice also that the hex of my bolts are "shouldered" against the mount itself so they cannot move...They are locked into place so they cannot vibrate loose...DAMIEN
Yes, that's some nice hardware ya got there Damien. I notice ya pay attention to detail and shave any threads past the nuts also using Acorn nuts for a smooth finish on those custom mounts. Shows ya got Pride in your Ride (y)

Yes, that's some nice hardware ya got there Damien. I notice ya pay attention to detail and shave any threads past the nuts also using Acorn nuts for a smooth finish on those custom mounts. Shows ya got Pride in your Ride (y)
Thank You so much...There is a lot of satisfaction and pride in this build, but also safety...My life is literally riding on it...lol...Also not just Acorn lock nuts, but also blue locktite as well...Yeah, yeah, I know !!!...School of over engineering, room 101...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...SEE, im more than just another "pretty" face around here ya know...lol.

Took the bike outside to grind the edge off them spacers of the jack shaft bracket , it was right on the chain , and was hitting the slack adjuster bolt even after I changed the hex bolt to a button headed bolt , also did some tweeking to the jack shaft bracket and got the 17 tooth sprocket and chain to clear

Attachments

• SlAyLO7GTbqG1Fa1M9M7Yw.jpg
    SlAyLO7GTbqG1Fa1M9M7Yw.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 152
  • GUFEkfcXS4G17gSHTKfu1w.jpg
    GUFEkfcXS4G17gSHTKfu1w.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 135
  • Uw24+CrAR%u11I1QLEU8vA.jpg
    Uw24+CrAR%u11I1QLEU8vA.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 165
  • fullsizeoutput_eb9.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eb9.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 137
Messing around with the right side jack shaft chain , I had a slack adjuster and it easily fit into place , but it is on the wrong side of the chain and don't think it would do much good there , as you pedal that side the chain is pulled tight , so that adjuster is banging back and forth ----- so I ordered a double roller adjuster for the jack shaft kit , they tell you in the description that with a fat tired bike modifications are necessary
1625134117317.png

Attachments

• CSRMpLsARUifz0oBjaF3XQ.jpg
    CSRMpLsARUifz0oBjaF3XQ.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 131
This guy has the jack shaft chain on the outside sprocket and the rear wheel drive chain on the inside sprocket , what you'll think of that

Coming along

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_ec7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_ec7.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 118
  • 7p3BLgvhRxeOfdEVZsrjeA.jpg
    7p3BLgvhRxeOfdEVZsrjeA.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 112
  • hjkwe+TZR+6vi+uHVt0xrQ.jpg
    hjkwe+TZR+6vi+uHVt0xrQ.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 119
  • TfkR9U%rTSuo4K4Gn1Lhbw.jpg
    TfkR9U%rTSuo4K4Gn1Lhbw.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 121
A lot of close fits , needs a little more tweaking on the right side chain adjuster

Attachments

• fxXx1PvERp2gTPj%uzohdg.jpg
    fxXx1PvERp2gTPj%uzohdg.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Wonder if performance will be affected ?

The tune is gone from the exhaust pipe now , had to cut it to make it fit , plan on welding a cover and pipe like original but slanting down , right now it is pointing right at the shift cable , total length of the pipe will be about 3 inches shorter ----

Sick bike tells you that you need a 8 inch shaft instead of a 6 inch shaft for the jack kit to work , cut two inches of the 8 inch shaft after it was all hooked up , and that was using the left side chain adjuster which takes up even more shaft

Attachments

• VbfuWStoSp+m6wLqEkd5Rw.jpg
    VbfuWStoSp+m6wLqEkd5Rw.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 122
  • C8wyEux9Sbejc97WIzw2NQ.jpg
    C8wyEux9Sbejc97WIzw2NQ.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 117
  • W4kYtJNRSRCympJEandVBA.jpg
    W4kYtJNRSRCympJEandVBA.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 126
Back