Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

Getting real close , don't like the excess wiring to the cdi , going to cut a foot or so out the harness and clean that mess up

Attachments

• vwYa38AfTyyIWbBvnFx9oA.jpg
    vwYa38AfTyyIWbBvnFx9oA.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 181
  • fullsizeoutput_eeb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eeb.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 183
A couple more pics

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_eec.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eec.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 166
  • JX304bVeQ%yUGfGFQQxNTg.jpg
    JX304bVeQ%yUGfGFQQxNTg.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 173
By the time I got the bike outside , mixed a gallon of break in fuel , it started raining , so will have to do the maiden voyage tomorrow ----- if nothing else , it looks good

Attachments

• V464XncVQ9+aAOYt3Inpnw.jpg
    V464XncVQ9+aAOYt3Inpnw.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 172
  • ABIghXsQSBWL4OsHi1MysA.jpg
    ABIghXsQSBWL4OsHi1MysA.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 162
  • fullsizeoutput_eee.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eee.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 163
  • fullsizeoutput_eed.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_eed.jpeg
    696.6 KB · Views: 175
By the time I got the bike outside , mixed a gallon of break in fuel , it started raining , so will have to do the maiden voyage tomorrow ----- if nothing else , it looks good
I can't wait to go riding in the rain! We haven't had any significant rained here in two months.

Ordered the Kat Kit coil / cdi / magneto combo kit , was going to change the magneto too , but to get the wires out the crankcase is going to be a job , think I am going to cut the motor mount edge with a Dremel and cutting wheel , the right thing to do would be swop out that motor mount with the Sick motor mount kit I recently picked up , but that would really be a job , going to wait in that

the magneto in the bike ohms at 337 and the new one at 359 , 327-345 was what I read for specs on the magneto , this new magneto is reading a lot higher ???

Attachments

• DYljY5fgQ%yLYh2Dy2wHXA.jpg
    DYljY5fgQ%yLYh2Dy2wHXA.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 147
  • JMRYtY2yTZSVINhxJDiC5A.jpg
    JMRYtY2yTZSVINhxJDiC5A.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 159
This thread got broken up with the fire issue , last weekend , I filled it with gas and tried to start the bike , had no fire/spark , ordered a mag kit ,

This thread got broken up with the fire issue , last weekend , I filled it with gas and tried to start the bike , had no fire/spark , ordered a mag kit ,
You should check that everything is grounding good before swapping out any parts. A little paint between the coil and case sure can look like a bad coil.

You should check that everything is grounding good before swapping out any parts. A little paint between the coil and case sure can look like a bad coil.
Almost quit with kit engines on my first kit build. A little corrosion formed on the back side of the coil base. It blocked the ground connection. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the f it wouldn't start. I was about to take it out to the farm, if you get me. I decided, hell with it, I'm going to take this thing all the way apart, and hand piece it back together, then tell it " If you don't start, I'm going to show you my little friend." As that is what I did, and low and behold, it fired up after that. From some white dusty crap, my first kit motor almost got another hole. lol. That piece of advice you just shared it worth more than a bikes weight in gold.

Back