Mongoose Malus BBR - 2 stroke / Sick Bike - shift kit

went to digging in my parts boxes and dug up another CDI , stuck it in and it fired , then got the engine started , so all 3 of them Cat Nips must be bad or never was any good right from china ---------- next problem , the clutch will not disengage and it is idled kind of fast and there is no more adjustment on the cable

Finally got to look at the latest set of problem that arose on start up Saturday

1) one was the clutch not grabbing : well that seems easy enough , the set screw let go on the right side of the jack shaft , the shaft was grinded with a flat spot , but the sprocket was spinning on the shaft , guess it wasn't enough , hope that is the only problem there --- I couldn't see this shaft spinning with the Sick shift kit and the Sick tensioner kit in place

2) pull start knob pulled off : I was told the pull start was a bad thing , the rope got jammed in the pulley and the handle pulled the rope thru the plastic , was able to get it all back together with a better handle , it sure is nice pull starting it when it works , going to try it again

3) Idle too high , only way I see this getting this right is another throttle assembly , different length cable or a different carb , this is all parts of the upgrade carb and parts from the Bike Berry Kit and the cable will stick , cruise control , LOL

With that pipe this bike is loud , reminds me of a chain saw

Well I still have one problem with this bike , it is idled to high and there is no more adjustment --- think it is going to take another carb or throttle assembly , using the upgrade Bikeberry carb at the moment

You got an air leak bro, check all the tube connections from the carb to cylinder head, Check the torque on the head too.

Those "performance" carbs are a big air leak waiting to happen, do you have a stock carb to try? Just to confirm if it's the carb or not.

One other thing to check, is the cable going into the carb, get can get hung up and not let the slide drop all the way down.

I finally got fenders on it , I found the fenders at a flea market for $20 for the front and back , the guy said they were off a Yamaha trail and street motorcycle , I cut a bunch away

Attachments

• tt3nNpgPR6KIdTzshGnwmg.jpg
    tt3nNpgPR6KIdTzshGnwmg.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 80
  • X96g6TmlQ7SzlfyUyA7qnA.jpg
    X96g6TmlQ7SzlfyUyA7qnA.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 81
I have a Malus as well, would like to motorize it also. For easier pedaling I upgraded the back freewheel to a Shimano MegaRange, has a 34T granny gear which made for way easier climbing.

Back