Mongoose To Motorized #10 | A Much Needed Update

yuckfoo , from looking at the two 1/2 moon motor mounts that you have welded together , it seems you are going to have to elongate the hoes for the u-bolt that goes around the bottom frame tube --- the bikes we both have are very similar , but I wonder if the Dolimite and the Malus are identical was far as the frame dimensions go --- I been having so much other stuff going on that I have not worked on my project too much lately --- I have been thinking about cutting the fins on top the head , that would allow me to put more spacers between the jack shaft and the rear tube

Something I have done , that made mention to in your video , was installed the chain on the right side for the jack shaft and it is going to need a adjuster in my case , bought two styles of chain adjusters and played around with them and found I need to get a carriage headed bolt as the bolt head holding the wheel hits the jack shaft bracket and that was where I left off

yuckfoo , from looking at the two 1/2 moon motor mounts that you have welded together , it seems you are going to have to elongate the hoes for the u-bolt that goes around the bottom frame tube --- the bikes we both have are very similar , but I wonder if the Dolimite and the Malus are identical was far as the frame dimensions go --- I been having so much other stuff going on that I have not worked on my project too much lately --- I have been thinking about cutting the fins on top the head , that would allow me to put more spacers between the jack shaft and the rear tube

Something I have done , that made mention to in your video , was installed the chain on the right side for the jack shaft and it is going to need a adjuster in my case , bought two styles of chain adjusters and played around with them and found I need to get a carriage headed bolt as the bolt head holding the wheel hits the jack shaft bracket and that was where I left off
The big U-bolt was put in a vice and squeezed a bit. Problem solved. 😎

There is a local flea market 1 mile from my house , it is the oldest continuously operated in the United States , since 1958 , about 30 venders ---they have a bike guy that every now and then will get a gas bike ----- last weekend was a new guy's first day opening his shop and he opened a motorized bike shop --- last weekend I got to talk with him for about 20 minutes , he has never done a shift kit yet , he specializes in vintage bikes with engines --- curious to see what he brings this weekend and plan on riding my E-Zip conversion over there and see if he can sell it for me , what you'll think I could get for this one , two tanks of fuel thru it , runs great , 32mph

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_e7c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_e7c.jpeg
    404.1 KB · Views: 138
Back