monster 90 problems

UDAHOE24

Local time
4:25 AM
I bought a monster 90 kit back in november and got it running, and after I broke it in decided i wanted more power so the only logical thing to do was remove the gov. once I remved the gov, it lost power rather than gaining power. I'm trying to sell the bike but f I can get it running hat would be great.

What did removing the governer intail or what did you do to remove it?
when i opened the case the push rods both fell out and i had to readjust them. the gov gear i had to cut out. then i put it back together. put fresh oil back in it and t just didnt have any power. its been sitting for a while now, i kicked it over today but it just still doesnt have any grunt.

when i opened the case the push rods both fell out and i had to readjust them. the gov gear i had to cut out. then i put it back together. put fresh oil back in it and t just didnt have any power. its been sitting for a while now, i kicked it over today but it just still doesnt have any grunt.
You may want to check valve lift,if the gov is removed and valve lift and lash is correct it should have good power.

It’s the same thing as 79cc predator I did same thing but mine wouldn’t start at all.
yes theyre prety much the same, just different names. i think i dropped the cam, just not on the ground. i put it back together and the lifters were not connected and i had tried starting it without that knowledge

Removing the gov does not give you more power. It just allows you to rev higher. If you want more power, then look into carb and exhaust upgrades.

by that logic, putting a larger carb and free flowing exhaust does not give more power either. you're just allowing the engine to run with intake and exhaust unrestricted lol
of course removing the governor adds hp (and rpm, but that's incidental). you are running without an rpm-based throttle limiter.

Back