Brakes Moon Dog Brakes

hey this is something that helped me i seen the guy do it at the bike shop there is a metal rod that runs next to the brake arms if you have a pad dragging you can un hook it bend it the other way this will get your pad off the rim and he also took some emery cloth held the brake lever sanded them down a bit and also i was told you can put 2 credit cards at the rim loosen the cable let down the brake handle adj. squeeze them together tighting them up there i got the one handle brake level for 2 brakes i love that thing i just trued my wheels up the other day for 10 bucks

I have a problem with my brakes.

MY front and back bracks, ( the left side) when i pull the brakes, will back off the rim when i let go of the lever, but the right side of the brakes keep intact with my rim, they dont have any spring action to go back to normal position.
and ideas ?

Don't feel like an idiot crab, on my first MB I put the pads on upside down/backwards. They squeeled louder than the clutch taking off and the motor itself.
IMO this is a great website for learning about and repairing brakes. http://sheldonbrown.com/cantilever-adjustment.html
Find your type of brakes and follow links to repair and maintenance. It even addresses squeeling.
My most common problems were simply dealt with the placemenet of the spring pin on the brake mounts and also just using the small spring adjuster screw sticking out of the side of the brake.
God Bless and RIP Sheldon Brown.

Back