Moped expansion chamber

I have 29in tires, which ones do you reccomend?
Well, I use these but I don't think they make them in a 29", I think the highest they go is 28". But I would look for a 29" one that is similar to them. I would look for something high on the durability scale with wire in them. Get as fat a tire as possible that will fit on your bike and still clear the engine chain, not thinner than 2". The fatter the tire is, the more traction you will have and the more you can lean into the turns. Unless you plan on riding off road, stay away from nobbies and go with a slick tread. Spend the extra, cheap tires can become bald very fast on a motorized bicycle.

Last edited:
Knobbies work good for areas where it may be wet often (water in gutter crossing intersections) or dust blown on corners. Slicks are good if you drive in dry clean areas. I run hybrid street/offroad tires with no issues leaning :p.

Well, I use these but I don't think they make them in a 29", I think the highest they go is 28". But I would look for a 29" one that is similar to them. I would look for something high on the durability scale with wire in them. Get as fat a tire as possible that will fit on your bike and still clear the engine chain, not thinner than 2". The fatter the tire is, the more traction you will have and the more you can lean into the turns. Unless you plan on riding off road, stay away from nobbies and go with a slick tread. Spend the extra, cheap tires can become bald very fast on a motorized bicycle.

would something like this work?

Knobbies work good for areas where it may be wet often (water in gutter crossing intersections) or dust blown on corners. Slicks are good if you drive in dry clean areas. I run hybrid street/offroad tires with no issues leaning :p.
Multi use tyres seem appropriate for such a versatile vehicle as an m'bike. :)
I got a set of these in 26" but haven't tried them yet.. But I knew what I wanted, and (I think) I know tyres. ;)
https://www.halowheels.com/shop/components/twin-rail-ii-29-tyre/
(The bike I ended up building first is a 700c (narrower tyre though it is 29") so it's a different tyre size again.)

is the Goodyear knobby I have on my rear fine for the winter? I’m in Michigan

Only one way to find out. Just go for a ride and see how you feel. Cover your ears though cause dang they get cold fast!

Back