More bad luck: GXH50 Seized Up

If the kit seller doesn't warrenty the engine you are up the creek, Honda won't cover it.

Did you pull it apart to determine what is stuck?

Contact them again, be polite. It's easy to ignore someone acting angry. I'm not implying you acted wrong or that you were being ignored by anyone...after all, I wasn't there, just a general suggestion whenever an issue arises...I can't help giving advice.

Hopefully it is something simple. I have had my Honda engine for a couple of years and it has been a faithful friend. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only one man and contrary to popular belief I'm human. I was out do to illness all last week, So for people who left a message or e-mailed me I will do my best to get caught back up sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but again I'm sure we can work something out!

I apologize for the 'outburst' in my posts. I'm working on the attempt to get warranty work done.

Btw, I tried gently turning the crank and it turned easily but the piston did not move. It appears that something snapped inside...piston arm or whatever.

In a discussion about the HS engines elsewhere, someone mentioned the bolts holding the rod cap on being loose. Maybe something similar for you? Worth a look, but clearly if the crank turns, but not the piston, it's time to split the cases...if not you, someone else.

Hummm makes a man wonder ..... The HS engine is known for loose bolts on the connecting rod and throw them, I wonder if Honda has begun hiring Chinese workers? Or ya never know it could be the wrist pin? who knows! Keys are always a good starting point? Try the warranty thing first see what they say and want from you and we will go from there.

HAHA great minds think a like Hough!
DO NOT SPLIT THE CASE!!!!!
Do warranty, if that does not work as a quick fix in your own town you need to send it back and I will replace it and worry about the warranty myself. Besides I have always wanted to see the inside of one of them for a comparison but for the love of MBs please don't split it.

Last edited:
Roger that, not splitting it.

I have identified a honda place that has been very friendly and helpful with my father and some other people - recently talked a guy through fixing the timing belt for a log splitter honda engine without getting anything out of it himself. Going to approach him first with it (tomorrow). I just got the engine completely liberated from the bike and ready to take in.

Thanks biketec for the support, I'll do my best here in town first.

Back