More chain woes...

I like the time quotes...

"Just because you have free time doesn't mean that everyone's time is free." ~Alaskavan

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." ~Bertrand Russell

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once." ~John Archibald Wheeler

"But what minutes! Count them by sensation, and not by calendars, and each moment is a day." ~Benjamin Disraeli

OK, enough off-topic...

That sure was a lot of typing just to suck up to your bud and make fun of others. And I'm the one with all the "free time"?

That sure was a lot of typing just to suck up to your bud and make fun of others. And I'm the one with all the "free time"?
I dunno what you're getting at. That was mostly copying & pasting, because Alaskavan started with some insights toward time. I carried on the flow.

I'm curious which bud you think I'm sucking up: Budweiser or Kine Bud?? Either way, it's true.

And, yes... I have plenty of free time myself. If you were being sarcastic about having free time, I feel sorry for you.

Geez- this forum is absolutely full of people who are cost sensitive. Full of them. There is nothing wrong with charging what the market will bear, but the truth is the market rate will hurt some people more than others. If there was an alternative, then the prices would drop.

For the cost of the master links and shipping, you could buy a new #41 chain and masterlinks, have a stronger chain, patronize a local business (#41 available everywhere), and never have to worry about sporadic chinese supplies of low quality parts and high shipping costs again.

No one should be ashamed of their situation who works hard and earns whatever they have, but I am not going to apologize for my situation and the fact I charge a heck of lot more for my time than $25 an hour. Why should I? I have earned what I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my tone in that post. Living as far removed from civilization as I do, sometimes I forget my manners. Also, (a mitigating circumstance, not a good excuse), I am used to paying quite a bit to have anything shipped here. Again, I really am sorry about the way I stated that. I hope I didn't "put you off" on this forum. There are many helpful people here, many of whom, I'm sure, share your opinion.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
chain

If you have a regular china girl in frame mounted engine then yes, both those chains should fit as they are stated to be #415 chain.

DON'T assume anything about these wierd HT chain setups....the best way is to buy a chain locally on the understanding with the vendor that if it doesn't fit it can be returned.
A KMC K910 Kool Chain fits and runs perfect(plus there's very little stretch)

chain

Perhaps, Fetor it would be helpful then to give the kid (Fastboy)a link to where he can get this Kool chain? He's in the U.K. and maybe it,s not available there?

chain

#41 chain works very well too, maybe easier to find that in the U.K.? Its easy to get here in Canada.

Perhaps, Fetor it would be helpful then to give the kid (Fastboy)a link to where he can get this Kool chain? He's in the U.K. and maybe it,s not available there?
Possibly it's not available in the UK.....possibly it is.
Knowing what works is half the battle so let the internet do the rest.
p1010103.JPG

Back