more fun, and room for improvement

JerboaJohn

Local time
8:19 PM
messing with my 4 stroke build today and bummed there's little to do like you can with a 2stroke CG, or any 2 stroke really, ,
either the head doesn't come off or you pop it off and see it's really clean and efficient as cast. you can put parts on but little or no modding those parts needed with a 4 if even they are avail.
so DIYs and tuners can have a great time with a CG,, easy to pull the cylinder and a whole lot you can do to ports to gain power, rpm, efficiency etc,,
like to file/grind and open the way for more gas n air? get a 2 stroke and have at it lol

the cam is the root of all evil in this world. designed by CAD, machined on 5 axis CNC. even cars n cameras out sources their parts. I luv those guys but they are buffoons.
only BAD thing about the mid size 4 strokes for bicycle use is the weight, width and oh the torque lol. light and revvy outdoes anything at the track.
u take a built case reed 69cc and match it up against stock 212 ands see who wins.
IF you need torque and not high rpms, 4 strokes rule. but 6 to 8 lb ft will snap anything short of 3/16" wall steel tubing.
even then, those guys have cracked frames on gokarts
I need to invent a 3 stroke hahaha. end the 2 vs 4 stroke war

I like both but for me the 2 stroke rules. This is a hobby and like to mess with things. Changing a cylinder to try different porting is awesome. And getting on the pipe so hard that your clutch slips will put a smile on your face.

I do like 4 strokes but the price to hot rod one gets expensive quick. Next winter I may do a 212 or Lifan 6.5 build.

Back