more issues.....

well, we fixed it, i got up to 4 houses down, and the chain locks up, cause it wqas too slack. (ended up using impact on the idler pully after that) but it sheered off, as i was doing my 30 foot skidmark. so my dad has to machine another tommrow. its a record. i got 4 houses!!!

ok. im done thats all im saying. im done. i am so aggervated at the quality of this kit, im just DONE. if anyone knows the place where i can get a better gearbox let me know. if not, the engine is going to the sledge hammer. im saying no more. so please dont ask. this has been a 500 dollar roughly project, and i dont have a job. and this is worse quality than a 150 happy t. im dissapointed, as well as in major debt to my parents.

Last edited by a moderator:
im taking a break for a couple hours at least.
Practical idea...take a break man & get back to it later.Even if u give-up with the gearbox the rest of the kit is good & i know for a fact the engine is very good.Think about changing gearbox's or email Dax and ask him about his new in-frame 4-stroke gearbox.......DON'T give-up entirely. :)

well, all the issues have been caused by this crrapy gearbox. i think i might just e-mail him

Yeah, does your Chopper still work? Go take a long ride. Will the guy who sold it to you help?
Put down the sledge and bang on something with a small rubber mallett or smash empty soda cans.

scott, when i mail him all he says is the auction says no warranty. (said it in fine print) i did go riding. im almost tempted to sell this, and buy 2 ht kits.

its almost dark. im gonna go on a pretty short night ride back in an hr or so.

edit its rainin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back