more issues.....

E

eltatertoto

y'know, im soo dissapointed in this kkit, im not gonna even bother to rant. in the 1st vid it wanted to take off, cause i had a bend in the cable. chain locked up,when i lifted tthe bike for some odd reason i checked everytthing and it was fine. then when i get the chain back on, nothing happens. everything was on tape, so ill post the vids as they happened. tell me what ya think plz.

1st ever start up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-mvGLXpnSU

bike wont move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m9L_cBIWpA

gearbox look at pin .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqW1H_kmJ5M

never got to ride it. even once. ~very depressed~

I just looked at your vids.......Xlent choice of music....BTW :cool:
you should be able to replace that pin locally. take your gear & shaft with you, to the local autoparts, small engine shop, machinery supply...etc.

was there oil or grease inside the gearbox?
what does the seller recommend?

dave, illl be going to dan and daves in a few. oh, and that was wlup chicagos rockstation. i listen to it 24/7 i just didnt turn it down lol. www.wlup.com if ya sign up for loyal looper online, ya can listen to theyre online stream from 8 to either 6 or 7 at night central. but back on topic, yes where was grease. especially considering i opened that box with clean hands. i dunno what he reccomends. but im buying a pin, or seeing if my dad can make somthin at work tommro. but hes workin a double, so i cant ask cause hes workin..

dan and daves= small engine repair

but i just found out dan and daves closed 1/2 hr agao. ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jason, just watched your vid and don't think I saw a fuel filter on there. Did you check the condition of the tank interior. Might be getting mucked up.

yea i did. not bad, and i always wash out the boogers before mounting the tank. im broke right now. i litterally have 1 dollar to my name

Go down to Ace, maybe Sears Hardware- take the gears down to the store and ask for keystock. You may have to cut it to length (hacksaw or Dremel) when you get it home. It is standard stuff and you don't even need to go to a small engine place.

Can you get the mounting plate to sit any more level?

the directions said tilt it forward, i cant remember why at the moment. but my dad works in heating and air, and they have boxes and boxes of keys out at the mill (us steel) for air motors. so if he cant find anything, ill check. thanks for the info. it really bumms me out tho. i didnt even get to ride it yet. just revv the engine :( night. been up till midnight last 3 days.

Let's hope that this is the only grief it gives you. Good job of digging in, investigating, and finding the problem.

That gearbox does not have an engagement lever, does it?

I suspect that the keys let go when it revved up on the first start, wanted to move, but couldn't go anyplace- to protect the engine, the keys sheared and the chain jumped. Better keys will not let go so easily, but my advice is not to hold the bike against resistence with the wheel down and revving. If you want to rev it without going anywhere, get the rear wheel off the ground.

Also, what size is the rear sprocket? Did that come with the kit or is that off one of your other bikes?

Oddly I think this is something I PM'd Hough about. The PTO on the Titan spins and I thought it wouldn't due to the centri clutch. Kind of like your car with an automatic transmission. Engine running but car in park or neutral. In this case I assume it's like being in Drive with the brakes on but the transmission really wants to turn while the motor is turning, thus the shearing of the key.
Hough's theory (if I may) the clutch pads will eventually wear to a point that won't engage the transmission until the throttle is engaged.
Please correct or clarify if I am mistaken.
Sorry you had to learn that lesson for us Jason.

Back