More power?

I have not had any luck getting my bike to accelorate better. If anything its getting worse. I tried adjusting the pin in the carb nothing has helped or made a difference. I am just ready to toss my bike in a dumpster. I havent tried jetting the carb yet but that seems abit too complicated. Not sure what to do at this point I dont know if its running rich or lean. It still gets going then makes a bogged out bahhh noise not the high pitched whaaaa. For awile it was working better. It would run for five or ten minutes and then run wide open much better. Now it just always bogs out. Any Ideas beside taking it to my local motorcycle shop. Im running out of things to tinker with and Im mechanical but definatley not a mechanic.

There are alot of things that could be wrong. Check the plug for the "read". Whiteish is lean, black is rich, brown is good. Try it with the choke about half on and see what that does. If it's worse you know it's to much gas. If it's better it's probably a air leak. Try turning the idle way up then spray some wd-40 around the carb mount, intake flange, around the head and around the cylinder base. See of the rpm's jump or you see bubbles. The needle settings only affect the mid throttle and idle. If none of that helps take the carb off remove the bowl. Turn it upside down and bend/set the float tabs so it looks level. Using a piece of fuel line turn it right side up and blow thru the fuel nipple and lift the float with your finger to see if it closes so you can't blow thru it. Remove the slide while the bowl is off and look thru the jet in the middle make sure it's not clogged. Good luck man

Last edited:
try tinkering with the mixture screw. only do 1/4 turns tho. it is hard to do if your motor vibrates a lot though

Hate to say it but, There is no mixture screw on the stock carb. The screw on the left side of the carb is a slide stop. (keeps the slide from dropping down to far, so you can maintain a constant idle at full throttle off) The only way to change mixture is to change needle height (Raise the needle to rich-en or lower to lean it out) Or change jet size.If you change jet size, you might have to change needle height also, to get the performance you like.

Update

I had to seperate myself from the bike for the weekend. I wa getting too upset over it always breaking down somehow. So today I have taken the plug out and examined it. It was black and brown. The outer ring is black and the two spark points look brown. Im still leaning towards too rich. I am gonna adjust the needle to the lean out setting and try to re check the gap on my plug. It has to be getting too much fuel. It leaks out of the float when I park it usually right after riding. Thats my update will try to check for air leaks today as well. Im starting to wonder if rejetting is what must be done. But then again this thing should work its only a month old.

It is absolutley getting way too much gas. Gas drips out of the float when I come to a stop. I am gonna try and bend the float stop down a bit and see if this helps. It runs fine it is just getting flooded and cant burn all the gas going through it. I cant see what else it could be.

If your at a high altitude you will need to move the clip up a notch (away from the pointy end) This will give you more air to fuel mixture. That is what I had to do, I'm at 5500 feet above sea level.

Back