morini 12v 30w Generator ??

robin bird

Local time
5:28 PM
I have the Morini ST-6 trainee automatic 5.8hp engine.The specs on Franco Morini USA says you can get a generator-they say not in America-also Herdan says the same -extensive internet search = nothing.
Is it possible to use something else ? A motorcycle one ?

that is quizical isn't it ? the site shows electric start and oil pump (?) as "options" too, but probably not over here either then.

i wondered about the charging system as well, that would make these engines VERY attractive.

i'd say what we need is a European based MB advocate willing to do some "gift" shipping.

steve

PS, they also show the S6-S 14.5:1 CR engine as running on 95 R.O.N. fuel + 2% oil or about 32:1 if i'm not mistaken. these engines have about twice the cylinder and head mass and fin area as my GP460 which should help the cooling ALOT but that seems like pretty low fuel grade requirement to me.

anyone have the S6-S 9.4HP engine that can comment on this ?

Last edited:
in their partial defence, the under taking would require finding a gen-set that matched up to the shaft, was an outer diameter and depth suitable to the rest of the engine and that one could machine out the needed cover with internal coil supports etc.

no slight task, and even with the proper pieces supplied would require a considerable amount of a very talented persons time.

what was actually being said without demeaning or insulting you was that given what they knew about the process it would be very cost prohibitive.

i am interested in these motors and esp. WITH the generating system so i have started to canvas my contacts to see if we can get the gen-sets, covers and related parts over here.

this shouldn't be that much trouble. these parts are not engines nor have any relationship to causing any applicable engine to meet or fail any compliance issues so it seems unlikely that they fall under any regulatory prohibition at export or entry.

i buy high output upgrade charging systems from England for motorcycles regularly for instance. belonging to several global model specific owners asociations has some advantages of relationship and co-operation.

i'll post any leads that come up.

steve

interestingly, the s6e has a 55w system and uses the same bottom end and cases as the s6t so................ perhaps we can get those, that would be cool.

the s6t has the 35w system and the s6s and s6c don't show a gen-set available, i'm thinking because they already have a stator in that location to run the EMC.

if you go to the Morini Franco USA site and click on S6 parts at the top of the page and scroll down you can take a look at the stator assembly for the s6s- s6c, that would be kind of like what you be trying to "find" and rig up.

steve

Back