Most powerful frame mount?

pdxrhett

Local time
11:50 PM
I am looking for a new set up. I want the most bang for my buck, and I don't want a 1000 km motor (i want at least 1000 kms out of it).

The motor MUST also work with the SBP shifter kit.

A couple links please. I've been dieing for the past 2 days trying to find the best engine. I heard good things about a slant 80cc form zoombicycles, but could not find a slanthead

For the most power in a frame mount....Look at the franco morini engines (49 CC of pure power!)....

With a 38T or so sprocket they can hit about 50 MPH......If you have to have shiftable gears you may have to rig it up BUT I'm thinking 50 MPH should be sufficient! ;-O

look at Easy Riders bikes and you can see the engine....They are a little pricey tho...

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

Zoom now has almost 200 of the slanthead motors in stock they are the "Jet" engines. (Jet-Stealth is the black one)

http://www.zoombicycles.com/eShop/1...-Jet-Stealth-80cc-Gas-Bicycle-Engine-Kit.html

P1010114.jpg

i guess this extra bit of info helps - the shifter kit is so i dont have to spend 500 dollars on a motor, and get about the same speed

Well you can be sure the shift kit works with that motor. I'd suggest you get the SBP bolt/stud upgrade kit, tank petcock, and teflon clutch cable. You'll be glad you did. Before you put the new studs in the intake and exhaust take a little time with a wide flat single cut file and dress the gasket mating surfaces so they are really flat. Just pack a little toilet paper in the ports first to keep the filings out. Do the intake tube and the exhaust pipe too. You'll have no problems with leaky manifolds. Use blue Lok-tite on all the studs and bolts as you put them back in. The more you do to make things right the more fun your going to have. Post some pics, Good Luck

Last edited:
i guess this extra bit of info helps - the shifter kit is so i dont have to spend 500 dollars on a motor, and get about the same speed

That's true to a sense but there are other factors involved in purchasing a Morini. Quality, Duriablity and Horsepower. You can probably get 2000 miles out of a HT (maybe more if you don't ride it hard) but you can get over 10,000+ miles out of a Morini even if you run it hard all the time. For me, I'll pay the extra money up front so I won't have to deal with being stranded miles away for a repair shop or home. Also, my Morini can maintain 40+mph climbing up a hill and if I change my gearing it can reach 60+ mph.
Just some food for thought since this thread is about the most powerful frame mount.

Hey Easy Rider could you post a link or two where I can look at, read about the Morini motor? I'm having very little luck searching for them.

Hey Easy Rider could you post a link or two where I can look at, read about the Morini motor? I'm having very little luck searching for them.

Me too, and I want to know if the shift kit will work with it. I might decide to buy this after what you posted. :)

If you search for "franco morini engines" a lot of sites will come up.
As far as a shift kit, I don't think one will fit unless you modify the chain guard.

Back