most reliable 70cc 2 stroke engine?

I just looked and if we are talking about the same motor it is over $500 and does not come with a exhuast, air filter, chain, rear sprocket and mount and so on.
he didn't say anything about price, he asked for the most reliable 2 stroke that can be put on a bicycle, and denardis is up there on the list.

and yes, you do need to fabricate mounting brackets for that motor.

he didn't say anything about price, he asked for the most reliable 2 stroke that can be put on a bicycle, and denardis is up there on the list.

and yes, you do need to fabricate mounting brackets for that motor.

If money is not a issue then I would get the real deal a true KTM motor. There are MANY motors to put on a motor bike if you what to fab most of it. Do not rely on posted HP ratings!

Last edited:
the original KTM motor (made by franco morini) makes less power and parts are not as readily available.

plus they're cheaper and from what I've seen reliability is similar.

the original KTM motor (made by franco morini) makes less power and parts are not as readily available.

plus they're cheaper and from what I've seen reliability is similar.

Just wondering have you owned both or either? There are many other motors you could put on a bicycle that has even more power. As I said do not take TOO much stock in posted HP ratings.

From what I have heard the ktm make less power but is faster I think it's made better

I haven't owned either but I've ridden both and at least according to my butt dyno the denardis makes more power.

there are factors other than quality you have to consider when selecting a motor such as size constraints and ease of mounting and parts availability, and the denardis ticks all those boxes.

You can find the Grubee 66cc 2-stroke complete engine kit at Bicycle-Engines.com or call me at 406-586-5970 and I will help you out! Mention this post and I will get you 10% off of your order!

Thanks all for the very informative information. Butt dynos tell a lot! I will have to put this on my dream list as I sure would like to have one. Maybe be one day it will be able to be put on my wish list.
Thanks
Jeff

what is the most reliable 2 stroke engine that can be easily mounted on a bicycle? (easily being a flexable term) do they sell some kind of honda, or something, engine that you could slap on a bicycle?

take everyones opinion with a grain of salt. fact is these china engines are mass produced and as such have an occasional defect, however you can't beat the price for a kit bike at under $200 delivered to your front door. now for my opinion, i have a grubee skyhawk that i bought in kit in 2011 and it still runs like it's being chased by a rabid dog. i have only had a small problem with the carb in all that time so i'm not complaining. vacuum leak was an easy fix. it does need some tlc right now but i can jump on it and take off still to this day and not worry. if you decide to go with a grubee make sure you but from a reputable dealer and don't but a knockoff

i bought a knockoff, therein lies the problem. it runs, but after fixing the seals and the leaking carb with gasket maker, i now have to replace the clutch arm and bucking bar. i was debating making a bucking bar and trying to finagle this clutch arm to work but, honestly, if i replace all the fallible parts, the engine must be infallible right? i was hoping to make this, and turn around and sell it for more than i paid to then perpetuate this cycle. however if i sell it, and get a denardis engine, and then figure out how to weld and mount it, i could probably sell a denardis engine bike for considerably more, plus, i would have much more experience in these things. which was the main reason i started on this, to learn about the electric motors handicapped cousin, the internal combustion engine.

Back