Motocross hub on bicycle...

vegas3416

Local time
10:07 PM
Now, for the nitty gritty...has anyone used a motocross hub on a bicycle?? Maybe I should ask it this way..I've looked at Motocross hubs and have found you can get them with the ability to put a rotor on the left side and a sprocket on the drive side and wondering if there are bicycle hubs that have this. I've been looking at the motoped rear hub (www.motoped.com) and noticing this is how they have there's and the only thing I can find that is comparable is a motocross hub. I feel like this type of hub is too large but after some research there are a few that are smaller but wondering if anyone knows of a hub made for a bicycle that is like this.

Last edited:
moto sprockets are bolted on, the majority of pushies have screwed on 1-5 speed freewheels, or splined cassettes on the bigger clusters.

the only difference in rotors is size. that means thickness, diameter, bolt pattern, etc. basically everything :giggle:

the main issue is the difference in ratios required for pedalling and motor driving. what exactly are you trying to achieve?

there is, somewhere here, a good pic of a hub with two freewheels on one side, a large one for engine and a small one for pedals. im not loooking...

Back