Motokruisers "Ebonita" has a new owner

Some of you may recognize these photos.....

This was the most complete that this bike ever got, but never ran? :???:
2009_stretch_cruiser_2_2.jpg

Below is how the bike looked when I picked it up, minus the Motor sprocket, chain, chain guide tensioner and the 2 locking brake levers. Although, there was a much smaller brake lever attached to the handlebars to cover up the hole drilled into it. It also came with the Custom fuel tank and the jackshaft.

2009_stretch_cruiser_1_2.jpg

I have my work cut out for me. So far, I discovered that the seat post was welded in place and where the clamp would go to allow for adjustment of the seatpost, was cut Off! :cry: :cry: I was hoping to put a layback seatpost on this to give me more legroom to pedal. Any ideas on how I could make this happen would be great. I will show a picture of this soon. The other fun thing that I discovered was that the triple tree fork steer tube was cut about an inch and a half too short. I think that it was "used" and came off of a regular size bike frame then was poorly jerry-rigged to fit this bike. I will probably sell the triple tree fork if any one has a normal size frame they would like to put it on. The gas tank is interesting. I love the idea of the custom gas tank and its location, but it is definately "ghetto". I will try to get a close up picture of it to show you what I mean. I think that I am going to have to bust out the Bondo and give it a smoother clean finish. I will definately be asking for help and advice when it comes time to try and feed and attach the chain for the motor on this sucker. I will get some better pictures to give you all a clearer understanding. I succesfully installed one piece cranks and a very long chain after removing the pegs that where installed in the bottom bracket and the supports that were welded in there as well. So worst case scenario...I have a ridable bike. Updated pics to come shortly. Any and all feedback is extremely welcome. Thanks in advance!

Here is the bike converted back to a bicycle. As you can see, my son likes the bike just as much as I do.....if not more.

2009_Cowell_074_2.jpg

2009_Cowell_077_1.jpg

I have recently replaced the handlebars with a BMX style temporarily. I am open to suggestions for handlebar replacement. I am thinking of a smaller ape hanger.

l hope you got a seat for the little one, be alot more comfy for him. l put one on my trike for my 2 little girls when we ride. don't mean to ruin your post by showing you, anyway have a good one, sorry! you already are
325_IMG_0899_4.jpg

If my pics would display, we would be able to see that he actually sits on the gas tank. He doesn't seem to mind, but the seat idea is cool. What did you do to attach it? I am trying to come up with a way to attach removable foot pegs for him as well. Where you able to see the pics? All I see is the code for it?

Edit:

Thanks Augi :D :D :D pics are posted!

found a little nirve tribal seat, for kids, it was 10$, l attached the seat with 2 hose clamps, it seemed to simple but it works
325_IMG_0899_5.jpg

as far as foot pegs, l think you could get some thick L brakets, then tighten down with hose clamps, around forks or frame. and yes l seen the pictues, looks like u 2 had alot of fun, very kewl dad :cool:

Update

Well, It has been a difficult road trying to get this bike to function but I think I am pretty much there. I put new handlebars on the bike, I am waiting for a tire that I ordered for the front wheel. My next hurdle will be to get the fuel tank that came with the bike to stop leaking. The jackshaft and chain's are functioning, I was able to get the motor to turn over but once I started to throttle, the chain came off. I moved the rear sprocket out as far as humanly possible, test ran it late last night, It works!! (the neighbors must love me). It is a fun bike to ride, but I am begining to think that it is not that practical for me. I will be selling it once I get it finished. If anyone is interested let me know. I will post pics as soon as I get a chance.

OK, the jackshaft is pointless for it's intended purpose. The 3 inch wide tire with this bike in conjunction with the jackshaft is a no go. I had the rear sprocket as far to the left a physically possible. The only thing that consistently happened was the chain would come off. I used a couple of chaintensioners to keep the chain on track. Unfortunately after having the bike initially set up, I tried to fire it up and the chain got stuck in the motor twice just like the first picture. I have since changed up my approach to get this bike to work. Now, the only thing that the jackshaft is doing is aiding in guiding the chain down to the chain tensioner to help keep the chain off the bottom portion of the frame. I am using 2 chains combined to make one long chain. The tire that I had ordered in the previous post, I used for my new rear tire. It is a 2.35" tire vs. 3". I have plenty of clearance now. I have a more securely mounted motor, but now the bike because of the motor shakes the most violently I have yet to experience. I am curious if anyone has any insight as to why the motor shakes as violently as it does at anything past a quarter throttle. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the chain binding up like in the first picture. I ordered a grube 48cc that I will try on this bike as soon as it comes to see if the vibration is the motor or the mounts that were welded on the bike. I have added a couple of updated pics of the bike, still a lot of work to go. I am serious about selling the bike, I really don't have the time for this type of project nor the room to store this type of beast. If anyone is interested, let me know.

Attachments

• jammed chain.jpg
    jammed chain.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 681
  • back of bike.jpg
    back of bike.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 247
  • motor on bike 2.jpg
    motor on bike 2.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 253
  • motor on bike.jpg
    motor on bike.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 223
  • bike front.jpg
    bike front.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 255
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, its been awhile since I've been around. Well its good to hear that Ebonita is finally rolling nice job IBJ. Jerrick had that bike built for him by another member at MK and yet another member went through the engine and polished inside and out. The engine was done very well and is in good hands now (currently in my living room waiting for a project worthy of it). The bike on the otherhand was his down fall. His biggest issue was with breaking, the builder had taken the crank and replaces it with pegs and a jerry rigged suicide break that never worked. As far as I know the drive line was clear with the jackshaft to cleat the 3" tire. There were no modifications to the mounting brackets or rear sprocket so I'm not sure how it was originally set up. Sorry to hear about the gas tank problems, hopefully it can be fixed. The only reason I didn't get that was that it is way bigger than any hole I have on any of my bikes. Me and others tried to help Jerrick get this thing going over on MK but he finally gave up and decided to sell it. Enjoy the ride...Kelly
normalpolished20motoryj3.jpg

Where is Ebonita?

I really want to know... West Coast Mopeds where are you now??????

Back