Motoped For Sale

Hey everyone, this last winter I built up a Motoped using the kit as made by ShuttleBuddy.
I finished it in the spring and promptly injured my knee fairly badly while riding it (my fault, bike was fine).
After surgery and few months of rehab, I am able to ride it again, but fear I might again damage my delicate knee. So, with pressure from my spouse, I am forced to sell.
The build cost more money than what I am asking. If you built one yourself you would come in over this amount.
I am asking $3400 for the complete bike.
Some spare parts are included, as well as the work stand, and a custom hitch mount carrier I made.
The bike runs and rides great. It only has maybe 2 hours of riding on it with limited off road use.

Here are some specs"
-All aluminum parts have been anodized black before assembly
-Fox40 Fork
-Hayes disc brakes and 8" rotors
-Lifan 125cc with semi-auto clutch, 4-speed manual trans
-Custom LED neutral indicator light
-Custom stainless steel low-exit exhaust (original exhaust pipe included
-Full set of black plastics included

For a complete set of pictures, see my flickr site here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31536204@N00/sets/72157632179121561/with/8248346403/

I am located in Portland Oregon area and would prefer to meet in person and avoid shipping this thing.
If you are interested, please Email me at zqpm1056@yahoo.com

Hehehe, I can't even picture a 12 YO even getting on a MotoPed, let alone operate it!

I let my 24 YO 6'4" 200# son ride mine and he wrecked right away, a car cut him off.
He was OK and the bike was only a 'little' beat up, but the drivers insurance covered everything and where it gets funny...

Her insurance adjuster came by to talk about the bike damage to get an estimate and the guy was cool as can be!

"I tried to get an estimate of the value of a MotoPed build and everything points to you as the source for information!"
That was the only time in my life when I set the price of my settlement.

He 'totaled it' and I got over $3K, fixed it good as new and re-sold it for over another $1K.

I hated to ride the thing but I didn't loose money on it ;-}
what kind of frame is that?

Too sporty, for me...

That fork setup is the part I'd like to own, imagine how good that would feel on any surface.

The color scheme (yeah I do have actual aesthetic tastes, I just barely ask for its opinion that's all) reminds me of walking dead's Darryl's motorcycle. I dig that look.

Back