Motopeds in Santa Cruz, CA best design ever !

preventec47

Local time
7:01 PM
Unfortunately they seem to be out of business for a couple of years now. Anyone know any of the players
or if anyone spinned off to another company. In a nutshell it appears they designed their
own frame which used all mountain bike parts and yet would allow a Lifan motor of various sizes from
49cc to 200cc to bolt directly to their frame as if the engine and tranny was bolting to a moped frame.

Amazingly this allowed for a real 4 speed tranny with real gears and foot shift like on a motorcycle.

there are some great "MotoPed" videos on Youtube. They have a website that looks current all except there is no
place or way to order or buy anything. Having seen this design.... .I'll never be happy with anything less than
a real motorcycle transmission on my bicycle.

Significantly it would appear these bikes could last for many thousands of miles with little care or maintenance like
a real motorcycle and provide phenomenal utility when you consider adding 4 speeds to a proven 4 stroke 49cc motor.

The Youtube video of they guy with 160 or 190ccs on his bike was downright scary. Looked like riding a Hayabusa !

Attachments

• %%_202622.jpg
    %%_202622.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 116
  • %%_212312.jpg
    %%_212312.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 162
  • %%Cruzer_beach_1200.jpg
    %%Cruzer_beach_1200.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 110
  • %%kimo_800.jpg
    %%kimo_800.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 141
  • %%motoped_cafe_900.jpg
    %%motoped_cafe_900.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 109
Looks like you went to www.motopeds.com. Pretty sure you want https://motoped.com
Yes you are right. I never went to the correct website which is really weird because the website I did go to
supplys a lot more detailed info and never mentions the correct website..... Truly seems like a great product
or has the potential to be but they have lousy business practices. Very suspicious now. Youtube guys
have mentioned the sale of the company twice in the last 5 or 6 years. Change of ownership can mean
many many things. They did mention in their website which model Honda and Kawasaki engines the bolt holes
in their frames would fit and I have to do some research into those kinds of motors.
I am so glad to find this website as it is so hard to find good info about motorizing bicycles and it seems like
we have all been making the same mistakes for 20 or 30 years because of using the same crappy parts.

If someone really want to find out all about these bikes be sure to visit BOTH of the previously mentioned
websites. ........ Also just as an added comment... dont you hate it when companies/people neglect to
supply dates for press info, testimonials, product release dates etc etc. You could read on a website that
they are nearly done testing the prototype and it will be available soon.... but the comment could be six years old !
I REALLY hate that.

Back