Motor alternator output for lighting

bike light

I tryed the bike generator an about 10 miles down the road I had parts and pcs flying all over the place and the light was not that bright.

Cookie

That's why you throw out the generator and just run the lights off the magneto.

light problem

tried the magneto the light was not very bright (just bright enough to say OH SH**T when you where riding down a dark road) and it would run in surges

one thing that worked ok was a rechargeable light that I put in the bullet light case I bought the draw back was or is it would only run for 30 min. before you started running out of bright light. That is why I am looking for a better way to make these lights.

Cookie

Your right it is not very bright but it is all you get out of the little magneto. I run an 12 volt 9.5 Ah rechargeable battery and it gives me about an hour on a 55 watt driving light for a car. If I give the battery a little rest it will go again for a little while again. I really use it like a high beam where it is real dark. But you can always resort to the little lights off the engine when you run out of power.

Lights

I wired my chopper bike, with 12V Headlight, tail light, and turn signals. I use a 12V Motorcycle battery, when I get home I just recharge it. Have used it for 6 months, and it works Great. However, I do need one of you to help me come up with a stop light switch. Can'c figure out what to use???
Thanks, Jim

Here's a possible idea: It's a "wind and go" flashlight, wind it for 30 seconds and it lasts a half hour, according the the LL Bean Catalog.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...&hotBG=0&searchTerms=flashlight&Go.x=9&Go.y=7

If the back of the bike is "reflected" enough, and the "evening commute" is within a fifteen to thirty minute ride, something like this $20 setup might do "it"....

I found it when I ordered my Christmas gift to myself, the $59 "snow sneakers" on page 39 which might be good for traveling shoes....

Stop light switch

I have drum breaks on the rear, and disk on the front, cabled to one lever.
Jim

what i did was get some old chrismas lights and hook them up at night you become extremly visible and if you do it right they dont look to dorky

Back